• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i keep getting this message when i try to do anything in photoshop a second time what i mean is when first opened photoshop works when i close the first image the go to do anything else i get the message: Could not complete your request because of a program error.i have uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop cc but no difference i have taken a couple of screen shots which i hope will give you more information

i hope you can solve this problem as i am at my wits end

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Photoshop's GPU requirements have increased for 22.0. Try the solutions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles 

If your card is not supported you may need to upgrade your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 170 Replies 170
170 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thanks a million in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandra Pinnel that worked! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear everyone,

Above all, I would like to say thank you to Sandra Pinnel. I solved the same problem!! I sincerely appreciate for your advice!.
When I read your text, it seems like you've worked in kind of computer graphic modification. (Sorry, I could not read your whole sentence because my English skill is not good.) I wish for God bless you.

Purpose of writing this reply is to announce the potential reason of this issue. When I solved the problem by following Sandra's method, I tried to figure out the reason of  this issue. It is suggested that the problem might be due to the different version of the photoshop program between your's and the file, which had finished on ANOTHER (maybe higher than yours) version. I checked my troublemaking file. And it turns out that the version of the file is different with mine. My version is 7.0, but version written in the file showed cc 2017 (Macintosh). You can check it out by yourself.
1. Click mouse's right button on the troublemaking file, and select 'properties'
2. Move to 'detailed' tap.
3. Look at 'Program name' in category of 'original'.
It seems like the program name is the version of the photoshop last used.
I hope this information can save other's valuable time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same book with Photoshop CC 2017. It saved without a problem but then tried to reopen it and it wont let me! And i need to work on these psd files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please i have the same problem PS CS3
but my OS is Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I add something to a file, I would have to save it due to the fact later on when u try to save it, it says a program error has occurred and I would have to restart ps all over again and start from where I left off and add what I lost from the last save and it happens over and over again and I don’t want to keep having to restart ps because it would take up a lot of time Plz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Михаил Косулин, i just wanted to say thank you, it worked thank God 🙂

"Reseting all preferences solves this issue. Before this I tried to reinstall, but settings syncs from Adobe CC"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to save my file, but I can't open and I get the same error message. I've tried opening it on CC 2018, 2017, 2014, and get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to save my file, but I can't open and I get the same error message. I've tried opening it on CC 2018, 2017, 2014, and get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell aren't bloody Adobe or Apple answering these questions? When did we arrive at a situation where ordinary users are supposed to solve bugs in programmes?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several replies from Adobe on this thread. What is your specific problem? Can you provide details about your setup and steps to consistently reproduce your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System is Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6
Photoshop CS3

Message 'Could not complete your request because of a program error' appears randomly plus sometimes the programme itself has to be forced to close.

There are no steps that will CONSISTENTLY reproduce the issue as it is entirely random.

My issue is that surely this is something for either Apple or more likely Photoshop THEMSELVES to address - not loads of ordinary users like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colud not open c:\users\accounts\desktop\wall.psd becouse of a program error

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz clear my error

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I cannot open ANY files now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue: cannot complete your request because of a program error. Suddenly I can't use Photoshop any more, and I have no idea how to fix this. I need to work on these files, but cannot even open one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop's GPU requirements have increased for 22.0. Try the solutions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles 

If your card is not supported you may need to upgrade your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry Great and helpful piece of information. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's crazy. Each next version of PS brings more and more bugs. Can't work at all. Facing this issue while working with overlays, when trying to save document. Hate it :((((((  

Votes

Translate

Translate