• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dialog for Export Settings gets trapped behind Photoshop windows

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(for Mac) I have lost about 12 hours of work so far because of a bug in Photoshop for video. If you go to Export > Render Frames, then open the options menu (for export settings), this menu can easily be trapped behind the Photoshop-windows. If this happen, Photoshop will stand-by (with the rotating circle icon), and thereby freeze, waiting for me to click OK or Cancel on the options-menu, but this menu is hidden by Photoshop. If I force quit for Photoshop, the Options-menu is accessible as soon as Photoshop shuts down, which is too late.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012
Photoshop CS6 no longer uses QuickTime's Export Settings dialog so this should no longer be a problem using Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H J,

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what OS/version are you running it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H J,

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what OS/version are you running it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.7.1 / Photoshop 12.1 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get in this state, does the [esc] key close the hidden dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that has been my immediate solution to the problem, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the dialog box trapped in the background has to be selected first before this works, and then Photoshop is in this state, Photoshop itself is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..., and *when Photo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll have someone on the team try to reproduce it. Do you know off hand if this worked in 10.6.x for you and is a new behavior since upgrading to Lion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about cmd + tabbing away from Photoshop and back? Does that sort the windows back to their right order? Couple other questions that might help us track it down:

Are you using the Application Frame? (Window >Application Frame?)

Do you have Tabbed documents on or off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the video-part of Photoshop after installing Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Cool. We can investigate that part. Just curious if you knew off hand to compare our results against yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 no longer uses QuickTime's Export Settings dialog so this should no longer be a problem using Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey
and exactly this is my greatest concern with Photoshop CS6. I can no longer export video in Avid DNxHD codec. Is there a chance to get QT running again?
Joachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling? I'm hearing a few reports of that solving performance issues in this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - first thing I did. Unfortunately without success. While the previous version provided notable speed improvements - it's now worse than it was before Adobe worked on the performance 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was slow immediately after upgrading? Did you let it sit open overnight for all the updates to ripple through the catalog? If so, is performance better today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing slow performance with this release. I've restarted my computer but the problems still exist.

Specific slowdowns:

Switching between photos in the Develop module, even when Smart Previews have been generated. I've even changed the standard preview size to a size smaller than my 4K monitor. Happens on my Fuji XT-2, XPro2 RAW files (compressed) and Fuji jpegs. Haven't yet tested my Canon files.

Slow previews when scrolling over presets. It used to simply preview in the navigator window, but now it previews simultaneously the on-screen images at preview-size which makes everything reaaaaalllllllyyyyy slow. I don't like this feature but can't find a way to turn it off.

Pasting copied settings. Too much delay now. 

I've since rolled back to 7.2 until these performance issues are resolved.

i7 4770K, 32GB RAM, Win 10 64, GTX 1070 8GB card, 4K monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you roll back to 7.2? I am finding that adjustments are really slow to be made, and though there are some great improvements in version 7.3, they are just not worth the slower speed. Or is upgrading from 12GB to 16GB on a Mac likely to make all the difference (the memory is ordered and on its way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately yes. I had the machine running yesterday for 10-12 hours with LR open in the background. But honestly I did not notice, Lightroom was doing something during that time at all. How can I check if there are still background tasks ongoing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe CC app, you can find a menu listed beside the LR app when you click to expand it. There, it gives the option to roll back to previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but if I click on the arrow to the right of "OPen" the only options are "View tutorials" and "Uninstall". The arrow to the left gives nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476877

My experience incl videos. Unusable slow GUI overall. Compared with 7.2 in video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked eventually. However, to get the option to roll back, I had to uninstall all versions of Lightroom CC. I reinstalled Adobe CC Desktop App and then found I had to log in with a different Adobe ID. Not sure how I ended up with two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience: version 7.3 is now slow in zooming, generating 100% previews in develop. 16 mpixel image = two seconds..Mac pro classic 3.33, 12 core, Amd 3 Gb. 48 GB ram. Version 7.2 was instant zooming in develop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just done an interesting test!

I got Lightroom 7.3 to make a pano from 10 vertical D800E images - this it did without too much of a sweat, and the result is a DNG at 33,300 pixels and 970Mb.

If I try to add even a graduated filter to this not-so-massive DNG then the Dev module crawls to a halt - just placing the filter takes nearly 2 minutes of spinning progress indicator.

However!

If I close Lightroom and open the DNG in ACR, then I can apply any adjustment I like and there is no slowing down of anything.

So why would ACR act normally and the Lr7.3 dev module act like it's been shot with a very big gun??

Votes

Translate

Translate