• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error 1 when trying to debug Photoshop SDK plugin on macOS 10.15.x Catalina

Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing Photoshop SDK plugins. Recently I updated my Mac to the new macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and installed new Photoshop 21.1.3. 

I added my previously built plugins in the Photoshop's plugin location and plugins works fine - I can call them and got results.

But when I try to attach to the Photoshop process with XCode (v11.4.1) I got a error

DetailsCould not attach to pid : “27291”Domain: IDEDebugSessi 855031;    RawLLDBErrorMessage = "Error 1";}--System InformationmacOS Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E287)Xcode 11.4.1 (16137)

I also tried to attach with lldb via the Terminal, but also no luck - the same "Error 1".

Meanwhile, there is no problems with debugging any other my (standalone) application, with UI or console. I can either run directly from XCode with consequence automatic debugger attaching, or manually attach to the application already run. 

Could someone advise, what changed in new versions of Photoshop and/or macOS which prevents debugging and how we can now debug our plugins?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out: https://gist.github.com/talaviram/1f21e141a137744c89e81b58f73e23c3

Be sure to restart Xcode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! Yes, the problem was definitely caused by hardened runtime / System Integrity Protection. How could I forget about this?

Additionally I can confirm that if the SIP will be fully turned off, the debugging also will be working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate