P: Export As Window is outside screen

7 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop CC 2015 on a 24′′ display connected to my 13′′ Macbook Pro.
The new Export window opens on the 13′′ screen, massively outside the screen, impossible to move or resize : the only button I can reach is “Cancel”...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015
This should be solved by the CC 2015.1 update that was released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I can't reach any buttons, can't drag the window; I can only press Escape to close it.

OSX 10.10.4, 27" Thunderbolt, 15" MacBook Pro Retina.

Screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem that the window is being scaled up as if its on the HiDPI monitor but it's not, or is part of the window on one monitor and part on the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, a bit of context on that screnshot: I'm using two monitors there, the left is my MacBook, the right is my Thunderbolt. The Export window appears on the wrong monitor and also off-screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The window scale seems correct.
It's only visible on the small screen, mainly off-screen, and is neither resizable nor movable.

It should open on the same screen as the main application, or at least be movable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the scaling larger than you expect on your MacBook screen, so the issue is that the Thunderbolt scaling is being used on the MacBook that is not such high density display, or are they both very Hi-DPI so the scaling is appropriate and the only issue is the window isn't all on screen?

If I ever have this situation on Windows I can use Alt-Space-M to bring up a window-positioning menu and activate the Move command that would automatically move the window to be all on screen and then let me use arrow keys to move it around. I suppose a Mac doesn't have similar functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably is moveable but you can't get to the top of it to drag the title-bar, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the title bar is off-screen and the edges are non-resizable.
Plus it doesn't move like native OS windows, as Adobe is not using the native window behaviour (title bars, maximize / close buttons, ... which is lame also imho)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meet the same too. How can i solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a retina screen 13" mac and a dell monitor with similar comparative dimensions to Rowan's post at the beginning of the thread.

I solved it by going into system preferences > displays and then clicking around on the resolution. I was working on the next to largest resolution (seen below), but I switched around my resolution until I found one where the export as window came into view. It was the "Larger Text" resolution that finally worked.

I then dragged that window to the larger monitor, where it will hopefully show up from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, I've managed to move the window by changing the resolution to "Larger Text"...
... BUT I have to do it every time : once set back to default resolution, the window reappears at the buggy position.
Photoshop updated today : no luck... the bug is still here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roya, Thanks for your fix, but I am having the same problem Maxime is having. It seems like Adobe would have fixed this issue by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry you're seeing this issue; we are working on fixing it.
Yes the workaround is to change resolution for that monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really excited, but I did realize (like the rest of you) that I had to move the screen every time. At some point last week, I even moved it to a place where I could not grab it again on *any* resolution.

I guess it's reset itself since i've restarted my computer several times since then, because i'm back to where i was when i started.

Another workaround is that if I hover my mouse on the bottom of the screen until it gives me the little resize down arrow, I can sometimes drag the whole window sideways and then up from there.

But yes, I am still having some serious trouble not destroying my computer over this, especially while I'm saving 20 individual icons each at 1x, 2x, and now 3x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. This is terrible. Costing me waaaay too much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this still hasn't been fixed, a quick workaround is to set your bigger screen as your primary screen. Fixed it for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, Ross. That works for me too.

Because I move my MacBook around so frequently, it's a bit too much of a hassle for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the fix for this going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is really bad. why isn't there a shortcut to just center or top align a window in a screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be solved by the CC 2015.1 update that was released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/201...

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why hasn't the 2015.1 update been pushed to me yet? I don't see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the gear in the Creative Cloud app and select Check for App Updates... or try signing out and back in to the Creative Cloud app: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-clou...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Wasted almost an hour of my time today. I hope Adobe gets better at this moving forward. I like the updates I see released but these hiccups really set me back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I working on a dual screen, some windows (like export) open on my second screen (13inch) but are out of display. I only see 1/4 of the window, the half left and half bottom. I can't move, resizing ... I need to close (escape key) leave dual screen mode an then i can export....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you install the 2015.1 update that came out yesterday. Should fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was I went to "The old display" options in Windows 10, then moved screen 2 on the other side of screen 1, then opened the Export As.. window and dragged it to the right screen, then I saved just to make sure it would open there next time, draged screen 2 over to the other side again and now it finally works like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate