• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Healing Brush Problems - White Outline

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to Photoshop CC 2015 to discover the healing brush no longer functions correctly.

To demonstrate this issue simply create a new document, fill it with black, create a blank layer above it, select the healing brush (not the spot healing brush) and set sample to 'current & below' no healing on the blank layer, you will see white outlines where you have healed.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015
This issue should be corrected in the Photoshop CC 2015.0.1 update which was released today. Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
70 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh its not fun when the parents fight, the children cop it for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing Adobe will take the stance they usually do and blame Apple and never fix the issue...

The above comment was originally removed with the reason: off topic, except it's related reply to an on topic comment. The truth hurts sometimes, perhaps if you fixed the issues, the people who pay your salaries wouldn't feel the need to reveal your downfalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how legit this is but someone called 'phostershop' over on reddit posted this: 'Yes! This is a known issue and we are actively working on a fix. The root of the bug seems to stem from a workflow where users apply the healing brush to a transparent layer, and are sampling from the 'current layer and below'. As a workaround, try duplicating the region you are looking to heal and modify it directly. Apologies for the bug - it's a doozy and, like I said, we're working on fixing it.'

If that really is an Adobe employee it is disappointing that it wasn't posted here.

Fortunately a few online magazines and bloggers seem to be posting this issue now, maybe that will speed things up a little...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ATI Radeon card on my PC and I still have the issue, so it's not just Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all the Photoshop employees post here. So one of the researchers might have narrowed down the problem (and that does sound like a couple of our engineers), but not yet notified the folks that do post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Photoshop CC 2014 worked fine. Photoshop CC 2015 healing brush is useless now. Thousand thumbs down. It is an unexpendable tool for me and this update simply sucks! Please fix or revert

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Running Windows 7. Having to revert to using the tools I used back in the 90s (clone stamp). This is infuriating, especially as I remember it happening before a few years ago (2012?).

Much more work for me. Less money. Less sleep. Please fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make things more confusing, I've noticed that sometimes the artifacts are visible when I'm zoomed out, but they disappear when I zoom in to take a closer look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really important. It's just the way photoshop interpolates at different zoom levels. Interpolation (bicubic) might choose to show at low zoom levels what in reality is just a single white pixel.

You'll see that, when you use the healing brush in CC2015 and get the halos, if you then open the image in CC2014, the halos are still there and the zoom thing you mention is also present.

So yeah, that's not related to the healing halo problem. It's just how zoom works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they understand how it is visible, also I don't think it is visible on a saved/exported image—only while working on it in Photoshop. Adobe is just taking their sweet time in fixing it, which is fairly typical of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't true. It's not that I feel they're visible on different programs and versions, i KNOW the halo is visible in different versions because I downgraded back to CC2014 in the middle of a job and the halos that appeared during the time I was working in CC2015, where still there in CC2014. No new halos appeared in CC2014, of course.

The halos aren't just a rendering glitch. Photoshop is actually drawing white pixels around the brush strokes of the healing brush. The longer the healing brush stroke, the whiter the pixels it sprays. If it was just a rendering problem, this wouldn't be such a big issue, but it is.

Save the image, open it in whatever you have, and you'll still see the halos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, Omar. It doesn't fix the problem, but at least it resolves my confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, the white pixels are are being drawn and are still visible on saved images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how many users haven't noticed the issue and have supplied their clients with slug trail covered images.

Any update on this Adobe? It has been two weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. At least you should know that, if you do retouching, you'll see no difference between CC2014 and CC2015. If you're some other type of professional, then I don't know.

My biggest issue with photoshop and yosemite is the fact that the mouse cursor disappears behind the "save liquify mesh" dialog. I've been writing about it for over 6 moths now and no response from adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's their fault for being bat blind. But yes, Adobe needs to update us(actually just fix it would be better).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved images where the lines are not visible, so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be suprised to know how slowly professionals upgrade their software. I know hundreds of pros using CS6 and Mountain Lion, in bliss. In my case, as soon as the update shows up, I can't help it. It's very rare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it aint broke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! But there's an update icon up there!!! It hurts!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't have an update icon there soon if Adobe doesn't fix this problem... I hear an issue free working version of 2014 is torrentable for free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No more update icon for me, I just cancelled my subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!!!!!!!EVERYONE THIS WORK AROUND WORKS!!!!!!

As long as you jump a section of the image you want to work onto a new layer. No white disappointment, even in a transparent area.

Its only if you create a completely new transparent layer to work your healing brush magic that you get the white snail slime of crumminess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has just inspired a new composite in honour of Adobe's stellar performance. 😉 Thank you Nick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, we are aware of this as it is essentially the same thing as working directly on the base layer. It's a messy workaround and I could see it causing you problems at a later stage. You may as well just duplicate the entire image.

I'm sticking with my non destructive workflow over in CC 2014 until (if) this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate