• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2014 May 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop team welcomes your feedback on this experimental feature. Let us know what you think!

Photoshop user interface controls may appear small and hard-to-read on high-density displays. Also, on touch-enabled screens, you may have trouble clicking the smaller controls. 200% scaling solves this issue by doubling the size of the user interface.

Since the user interface elements increase in size by 200%, depending on the size and resolution of your display, you may need to adjust the layout of existing workspaces. For example, on a 1080 px screen at 200%, the Tools panel extends off the bottom of the screen. You can change to double-column orientation in order to fit the panel on the screen.

Note: This feature is only for Windows users. HiDPI on Mac has been available for high-density Retina displays since Photoshop CS6.

Caveats

You may encounter some cosmetic issues while using this feature. While many Photoshop dialogs have been reworked so that they fit on the screen at 1080 px, viewing some dialogs (such as Smart Sharpen) completely may require you to collapse sections.

Disable 200% UI scaling

If you need to return to the default 100% scaling, do the following:

1. Select Preferences > Experimental Features.
2. Deselect Scale UI 200% For High-Density Displays (Windows Only).
3. Restart Photoshop.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 339 Replies 339
339 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this experimental feature not work for Camera Raw or Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Bridge and ACR are developed by other teams, and it will take time to integrate all the changes made by the Photoshop team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering. I officially give up and will quit. I had held out until today. Thanks again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i love the 200% and it ́s in the right way. but i have an hp 13" 2560x1440 resolution and it seems that ~150% would be the sweetspot. Hope it will be som option for that later on. keep up the good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My resolution is 1208 x 1024 and accidentally clicked this new size and I can not reverse because the dialog does not fit on the monitor, please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are unable to change Preferences as stated at the end of the first post above, resetting preferences might work. Hold down Shift Alt Ctrl immediately after starting Photoshop. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. The big targets are intoxicating! But I also have two 2560 x 1440 monitors, at 27 inches. 150% would be right on the money.

Adobe did the right thing, giving us a choice. The text and targets at 100% scaling were microscopic light gray on a darker gray background. Brutal. Lord only knows what it looked like on a 4k monitor.

So, ideally, I think it would be:
100% scaling for most people (1080p or less)
150% for 2560 x 1440 or 2560 x 1600 monitors
200% scaling for 4k monitors.

Kudos, though, for the 200% feature. I'm so happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works good on my HP 13 inch qhd screen. But Nick software latest update does not. It is not Nick as it works fine if launched from Lightroom. Could this be fixed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall the Nik/Google plugins for Photoshop CC 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. I had to as it did not show up any more after CC 2014 installation. I also made sure I got their latest one on the web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, impossible to read new size text even on large. 200% too big for my screen. PLEASE go back to old size!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda, you can go back to the old size by just not clicking the 200% option

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 open PS
2 go to Preferences > Experimental Features
3 press TAB 2 TIMES
4 press SPACE
5 press TAB MORE 3 TIME
6 press ENTER

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or:
f you are unable to change Preferences as stated at the end of the first post above, resetting preferences might work. Hold down Shift Alt Ctrl immediately after starting Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree The HiDPi is needed as well in Bridge...I hope they are already working on this, if not my 24" 4k display is completely useless ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feed back on my issue of having Nick Software too small while using the experimental 200% fetaure in Photoshop CC 2014 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my research Adobe Photoshop has been having trouble with UI sizing for over 3 yrs.( just Google "Windows HiDPI monitors") about 9 screens and growing on Adobe's site.

The new Experimental Features on PS is a good first step however... only if you own a 4K monitor ! ??

The above threads already covered why 200% does not work for main stream monitors ... ok, almost work on some monitor resolutions. I am using multiple 1920 x1200 displays, no work space left after setting EF to 200%.

- 2560x1600 better at 150% 100 or 200 what happen to 150 125... ?
- 4K it works ... only small install base maybe 2% ??

After loading PS 2014, I noticed that the font size for the file menu - pull down was set to small (same size as title bar ??). ( hard to see on 1920x1080 monitor)
- Windows 8.1
- PS - UI setting set to large - prefs
- Windows - setting display to 125% text

Note: So new feature not mentioned in Adobe PS 2014 - Windows 7/8.1 setting under display (125%) no longer modifies PS font size for pull down menus ??
- PS CC works on Windows 7/8.1
- CS6 PS works on Windows 7/8.1

Ok guys - Product Group, Product Marketing, System test and managers of those groups. What happened to testing products before they release ?

If you are going to add features that break other functionality do not do it or a least put it the release notes... like I said earlier 98% of your base are not using 4K monitors ???

In closing PS is a great tool, I not sure why it takes so long ( 3yrs of reported issues) to rewrite code, when some of the other Adobe Suite products seem to follow windows display sizing or you have added a UI Interface feature. Microsoft is not the main problem, you have other solutions.

Adobe is a great company and produces excellent products, so groups manager please take some time to focus your teams to fix these UI sizing issues and provided a more detailed information source for user reference.

Case # 185629992

Thanks
Phil Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the original topic - we spent a long time working with Microsoft to get the OS APIs fixed, and to find workarounds for OS APIs that could not be fixed quickly.

Also, this feature is experimental for a reason - it is not yet complete. And we are continuing to work with Microsoft to get things working as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for the followup, still a bit of a grey area. This still does not explain why PS 2014 does not except Windows display text size changes and PS CC does.

Please review attached link - http://gsfn.us/t/4jrwg then follow the threads. I have some other questions and examples under the right topic.

Thanks

Phil Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Interface was fine on the "Medium Option" of my 1900x1200 Monitors (x2). I then went exploring and "Experimented" with the "Experimental 200% Option"................It was Too "Big" so I turned it off. I am now having issues.............everything is really tiny........even on the "Large Option".............Dddddoooowwww!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is this feature going to be retro-fitted to older versions? I have Photoshop CS5 and Dreamweaver CS6 and am not really over the moon about potentially having to upgrade in order to make these programs usable again.... thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, both apps (PS5 and DW6) both work great on a 3200x1800 screen on Win8

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcos ~ EXCELLENT SOLUTION!! Thank you!! Your first solution worked for me after repeated and unsuccessful attempts at using Shift Alt Ctrl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By old size, I meant text and menus that one can actually read. I have WIN7 and 1920 x 1080 display and cant read them and 200% far too big. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you're using an API that applies to applications that don't scale, and Photoshop CC 2014 does scale if the preference is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate