• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lasso tool bug

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug started occurring in 21.1.1 I think and still occurs in 21.1.2. Only occurs when using a tablet.

When holding 'ALT' whilst lasso tool is selected (in order to temporarily toggle polygonal lasso tool) there is about a one second 'window' between presses on the canvas where PS registers all the movement of the pen between clicks and counts it as 'lasso' input, despite the ALT 'toggle' being active and pen not in contact with tablet.

Normal behaviour should be that PS only records the movement when pen is touching tablet.

Here is a video to show you the problem.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/125U7yuhYUB6zG_fEwqgBWseyd6VdS47c/view?usp=sharing

I draw 2 circles with the lasso tool then I draw a new selection with 'ALT' held down. I am lifting the pen inbetween presses and always have ALT held to keep the tool in polygon lasso mode...you will see it does not behave as expected and the selection has a second where it registeres movement despite the pen hovering above the wacom. 

I then select the polygon lasso too as primary tool (not with ALT) to show you that it works fine if used as primary tool. 

This leads me to believe that it is an Adobe PS problem. 

Running Win10 pro 64bit with latest drivers and software, Wacom Intuos Pro L.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please install the 21.1.2 update and let me know if you're still having an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have said that it still occurs in 21.1.2 which I have installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, do you by chance have PSUserConfig.txt in your Prefs folder?  If so, can you remove/disable it, relaunch Photoshop, and let me know if this still occurs?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when you hold Alt are you doing it via keyboard or via wacom tablet button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Thanks for the reply. I thought I had already tried this but I must not have reloaded PS or something, as this is indeed the cause of the problem after I tried it again this morning. 

*but* this creates a new problem. 

The only command line I use for PSUserConfig file for is 'UseSystemStylus 0'

If I don't have this active then PS has a weird snag/lag most noticeable when colour picking, where it snaps from the initial colour pick point after a short time or distance. I'm a concept artist and cannot work with such a lag, I need pin-point colour-picking.

When I deactivate the config file then I get this horrid 'snag' and also using tabs sometimes behave strangely as well as some other strange things. 

With "UseSystemStylus 0" active, everything works perfectly except this new 'ALT' lasso bug which has appeared 2 versions ago.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Just bumping this as I really need these tools to work as they're meant to***

It's affecting my work flow and this only started happening a couple versions ago. 

The only command line I use for PSUserConfig file for is 'UseSystemStylus 0'

If I don't have this active then PS has a weird snag/lag most noticeable when colour picking, where it snaps from the initial colour pick point after a short time or distance. I'm a concept artist and cannot work with such a lag, I need pin-point, instant colour-picking.

When I deactivate the config file then I get this horrid 'snag' and also using tabs sometimes behave strangely as well as some other strange things. 

With "UseSystemStylus 0" active, everything works perfectly except this new 'ALT' lasso bug which has appeared 2 versions ago.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the 21.1.3 update which was released last night?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have and unfortunately the bug still occurs. 

This only started happening 2 versions ago (3 now) so it's quite strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: BUG STILL OCCURS IN 21.2. Will anyone help? Is there any official Adobe help on these forums?

I have discovered that it is caused by my PSUserConfig file which I use for the 'UseSystemStylus 0' command line. This command line is crucual for me though as there is a delay/snag/lag with certain functions without it. The most obvious exmple is the colour picker which 'snags/snaps/ to the first point of contact and then snaps to the cursor position after a certain time/distance. 

When the command line is active then this snag disapears. Anyone got an idea how I can achieve this without the command line? I'm a concept artist and need pinpoint instant colour picking accuracy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I am still using photoshop 21.03 cause that's the latest version without this lasso tool bug.

In this new 2021 update, they still have not fixed this problem. I really want to use all the cool features, but I just can't. 

Have you found any solution yet my friend? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have the exact same problem as in this post: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2111-lasso-tool-bug/5f5f462b4b561a3...

After comparing the lasso tool in 21.0.3 and 21.1+ I found out that there was an update to how the lasso tool's line is displayed/calculated, and that's giving us this bug. 

Since in the latest 2021 version this issue is still not fixed, I don't think they are going to fix it ever. So Is there a way to revert the newer lasso tool display method to the old one? I really want to use all the cool new features in ps 2021... 

Votes

Translate

Translate