• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Layer Group Isolation prevents Groups from expanding and collapsing.

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I've encountered a bug with Photoshop CC 2014.2.1. When viewing only a layer group inside the layers palette (via Select -> Isolate Layers, or having that specific filter activated), you cannot unfold or collapse groups inside this displayed layer group. Or this layer group itself. It just does not work!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reproduced this: Just an empty file, empty layers, and grouping some of them:

Closed Groups cannot be opened, opened cannot be closed in »isolated view« (only show selected group inside the layers palette) though the arrow changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by design because the layers panel is showing a flat view of the layer structure. (The sub layers & groups are considered selected by inheritance of the parent group)

Once could argue that we should hide the disclosure triangle, but in all honesty, I think that's probably more work than it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That the sub layers and groups are also selected is what I consider really good. So you can concentrate on special parts of the image. Eg. I have a compositing file for a major car campaign that contains about 200 layers. The car alone has about 100. I can concentrate better on the car by hiding everything else than the car group in the layers palette.
But I have no chance to look inside a group inside that group if it was closed at the time I decided for the isolated view. I have to un-isolate the view, open the group I want to be able to look into, and then re-isolate the mother »car« group.
It would be much more convenient, if the sub groups would keep working when viewing a parent group isolated.
Can you comprehend my problem? 🙂 Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following you. Let me see what we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to be able to organize a bunch of layers by selecting them and then isolating them from other layers in the panel by filtering on "Selected" layers only. In that filter view I cannot collapse Layer Groups if they are already expanded and I cannot collapse them if they are expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate