• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify Tool moves the layer down while working on it, making horizontal guides useless

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing an image with Liquify, the preview is shown slightly moved down than it is in the actual file - but eventual horizontal guides you are using are still in the correct place. So if I have to straighten a horizontal edge with Liquify I can't put a guide over it.

If you show all the layers during the preview and look on the top side you can actually see the added "margin", filled with a glitch pattern.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offhand, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Could you make a screen recording to demonstrate the problem you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had documented this (or is it related?) bug/behavior about 1-1.5 years ago, Jeff. It happens when the layer you're trying to liquify has an edge which extends off the canvas.

Here's screenshot which shows a canvas that has been cropped without delete being checked. The purple square has image off the canvas and as you can see, the guide shifts up quite a bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, exactly as @eartho shows on the screenshots. Looks like the guides move as if the canvas would be big enough to fit everything on the file 🙂

Don't know if this is useful but when it happened to me, the "added" part on top was visible but showing a glitchy version of the layer or a noise, depending on the zoom level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Earth's example allowed me to repro. I'll show it to the liquify engineer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find the other topic you're referring to offhand with a search. If you have a link, let me know and I can either investigate or merge with this to consolidate records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Liquify a layer, if both its width and height are smaller than the width and height of the canvas, guides in the Liquify window are displayed as expected.

However, if the layer you are Liquifying has a larger width or height (or both) than the document canvas, then the Liquify working area (canvas) is expanded so you can see the entire layer. This leads to incorrect positioning of the guides in the Liquify window: instead of relative to the document canvas 0,0 point, they are positioned relative to the expanded Liquify working area (canvas) 0,0 point, so they are no longer where you want them.

This issue is present in the Windows version of Photoshop CC 2015.1.1 and I believe it was present ever since the Show Guides option was added to the Liquify window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate