P: Magic Steps to Display HUD Color Picker

1 Vote
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read about the HUD Color Picker in a description of what's new in CS5, so decided to try it. The HUD did not display with Shift-Alt-right click in any of the tools it's associated with.

OpenGL is enabled, all the OpenGL functions I've tried like dynamic zoom work as described. The image of the brush being use is inset in the window when the Mixing Brush is selected. But no HUD.

Pretty much by accident, I discovered that after an Alt-right click drag to change size or hardness of the brush, the HUD begins to work. (You have to do this in Brush, not Mixing Brush.) And continues to work on any image opened before closing Photoshop. Broken again after restarting the program.

Classified now mainly as an annoyance now that I've discovered a work-around, but I don't think this is operating as designed...

Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon X2
3GB RAM
Photoshop 12.04 X32
Radeon HD4830, latest drivers

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015
Fixed in CS6 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. The team is investigating.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, except I am running an i5 HP with 8GB Ram on windows 7, and Photoshop cs 5 runs way slower with bristle brushes and texture than Corel painter 12 or 11, That is a real disappointment (I have been a PS fan for years and expected more)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and my video is a Radeon HD5570, with latest drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Photoshop cs 5 runs way slower with bristle brushes and texture than Corel painter 12 or 11

Well, that means something is wrong. Could be the video driver, that you're missing updates to Photoshop, a bug in a third party plugin, or a conflict with something else on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I can tell PS is up to date, the video card is up to date, no viruses, I have no third party plugins, and windows 7 set for performance not aesthetic pleasing interface(its been defrag, and disk cleanup is done, programs not needed on start up are turned off) my system runs both of the corel painters 11 and 12 fine Autodesk sketchbook pro 2011, plus artrage fine ( no problems with these programs, yet PS is slow with the bristle brushes using texture-I have already spend an hour with adobe support for the color picker hud and no results, their is a definite language and cultural communication issue their-she tried to tell me I was in masking mode from the tool bar- I would know if I was painting in mask mode, I have only used if everyday for the past three years at work.) I just want my favorite Adobe tool to work properly, and I have spend the last two weeks trying to find solution to these problems(I want to be painting not fixing program and operating issues, and going between windows and adobe trying to find results, is like a child being sent between both parents because neither want to make a decision)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you need to create w new topic for that anyway. Other users aren't seeing painting go that slowly unless something else is wrong on their system. We'll just have to work on figuring out what is wrong on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Fixed in CS6 or later.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate