• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move tool auto-select is selecting layers in hidden or locked groups

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the multiple path selection tool in Photoshop CC, but is there a way to *not* include invisible & locked layers?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013
Should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 14.1 update:

http://adobe.ly/16AZpYt

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
129 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Ole Fredrik Lie

And whats more is the completely unhelpful sarcastic tone of the Adobe employees, who do not seem to understand that people have a right to be completely annoyed when paying mega bucks for a NEW product that doesn't even work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris we've all read the useless statement. Is there something I'm missing? Is it a magical incantation that corrects the BS bug. Thanks for the purging of my wallet for a product that is currently useless after 3 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chris Cox, I don't mean to be rude, but instead of taking the time to answer sarcastically, maybe you could take that time to fix the bug and deliver a real solution. It's really annoying to think on how much Photoshop has evolved (I love it, seriously) and suddenly get a slap in the face due this kind of stuff.

I jumped from Firewoks to Photoshop a couple years ago because of this an many other improvements for web design. But honestly, this is really frustrating...

And not to mention that now, I have to deal with my friends that I suggested to upgrade to CC... What a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chris Cox, You removed my comment, among others, due to: "not on topic, not reading the existing responses". However, my post clearly referenced your statement to read the beginning of the thread and how the lack of correcting a big bug in a timely fashion was taking money from customers. A+ Chris. A+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Cris, so, let me understand this again: You are not only giving a poor fix to the bug, but taking more than 3 months fixing it and also are censoring our comments and complaints about that?

So you are allowed to be not only sarcastic, but also rude.

And we are no allowed to make an statement about the problem here.

I believe that the bug is not the only problem here, but your attitude as well. Too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't have that right.
We said that we know about the bug and are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Shall we agree to accept that Adobe is working on a fix and that our efforts here on the forum aren't helping anymore?

I, too, am frustrated, disappointed and annoyed that Adobe hasn't fixed this yet. It is truly killing my workflow, and is unacceptable. Simply put, this bug costs me a lot of time (a.k.a. money), and it's a lot more than what I'm paying Adobe for my subscription which makes it feel very unfair.

Dear Chris Cox,

Thanks for acknowledging that you are working on a fix. I can imagine that you (just like the rest of us) are a hardworking person, trying to do your job well and work towards developing good products for the rest of us.

I advise you put on a smile and start to be kind on this forum 🙂 No need for rude or snarky comments here. We love your products and want to continue to use them. We take the time to come here to report our problems because we want to help make them better.

So every time you read one of our complaints, count to 5 and just think to yourself "This customers cares :)" and write a nice reply, you never know who is reading here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be a little nicer, if you will. we're all suffering and the short, careless responses from adobe are offensive. We paid for something that you are getting paid to fix - keep your perspective straight, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, You have that right. This bug was reported 3months ago and they said they were working on it. Thats it. @Chris has been watching this stream and will not comment further than two lines about them being aware of the bug and that it is being worked on. In the mean time you will not be aware of any time frame for correction, get a worthwhile and realistic solution and you will more than likely never see my response. If you want to hear better information you may want to try twitter as this feedback site is about as much help as Photoshop CC in its current state. I can see Adobe headquarters from my window and I am considering going to the front door to ask about their policy lack of information and description of "bug" vs "version".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only rude and snarky comments have come from non-employees.

The Adobe employees have just been trying to explain the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe "rude and snarky" are badly chosen words, my apologies. I just think we can both agree people aren't happy with how your messages come across. Maybe it's because they are so to-the-point that it feels impersonal?

(Sorry this is off-topic, but if you have a place I can comment on Customer Feedback I would be happy to continue this conversation there to help prevent these fruitless discussions in the future)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there have been a lot of deleted comments on this thread. That's a bummer. I'd love to hear from an empathetic Adobe employee about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be the exact message they want to hear, but we are limited in what we can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason why this issue is listed as "acknowledged" instead of "in progress". Would this denote that the progress on this issue is further behind than issues that are listed as "in progress".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point - I think we've been too busy to look at the labels lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 14.1 update:

http://adobe.ly/16AZpYt

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome news. Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably the single biggest reason for all of the confusion / angst in here, we were told that things were in progress but the thread was reporting "Acknowledged", which was contradictory - but anyway, Jeff's news of a fix is music to our ears. I personally appreciate the effort to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 14.1 on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8, can confirm the bug is fixed! The screen does flicker a bit when drag-selecting stuff, but it's not the end of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not contradictory, just different stages of the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And because we couldn't comment on unannounced versions, I couldn't say "it's already fixed, just wait a week". 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC was working fine for me two days ago. Yesterday afternoon, the move tool stopped working. When I try to move a layer, it moves the entire group. When I click on two layers to move, it moves a different layer.

After reading this string, I upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop CC, which it says is 14.1 x64. Now, when I click on a layer and try to move it, it does me the favor of selecting a different layer and moving that one instead. There actually is no way for me to move the layer I want to move, even if I take it out of the group. It keeps changing the selection to a different layer.

At the moment, this product is unusable, and I'm having to switch to a different computer with an older version of Photoshop to do my work.

If it's useful, I'm running this on Windows 7 (and have been for a long time).

Votes

Translate

Translate