• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Multi image Export as on M1 mac adding unwanted numbering

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a process i do every other month. And with the latest Photoshop M1 edition it now ads a -1/-2/-3 on the artboards. So where i used to get "intro_1@2x.png"  i now get "intro_1-1@2x.png" .

As you can see, the file should not include the new aded -1.

jensklang_2-1646312542375.png

And there is a lot of files for all mobile devices both iOS and Android. So the files i get is this.

jensklang_1-1646312397036.png

But they should be named like this:

jensklang_0-1646312291147.png

This totaly destroys the procees and i have to spend time removing the extra number every time i export.

I have read that this can be fixed with a "use legacy" setting in the export settings, but thats not avilable on the Mac M1 edition.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll look into the renaming behavior in Export As. 

In order to access the Legacy version on an M1 machine, you have to run Photoshop in Rosetta mode. This may be a temporary solution for you while will investigate the matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recreating this on an Intel Windows machine, so this isn't limited by OS or hardware. I went back and checked Photoshop 2021 (22.5.6) and am seeing the behavior there as well. So, either this has been around for a very long time, or there is something else which is causing this. Continuing to investigate this futher. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify the behavior: If you have more than 1 setting in the "Scale All" section of Export As, the additional scales will get a sequential number added. The first will be blank, the second will get -1, the third -2, and so on (order is determined by the listing, top to bottom). Additionally, if you have the maximum number of scales (10), the numbering will be two digits (-01, -02, etc). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on both PC, Mac (pre M1), and Mac M1 over the last few years. Always with the latest photoshop on each platform. And I have been doing this update every couple of months, but never had this problem. The last time was in September but I don't know if I was no mac or PC back then.

I can confirm that it behaves normally when running in legacy mode on Mac M1 via rosetta. BUT then all the settings for all the different resolutions were gone. So then I had to recreate all those instead of renaming the files. But now I can do a quick export the next time.

Looking forward to you guys fixing this as no one wants those extra numbers when generating the files. The whole point of the suffix is lost when you change the filename outside the user's control. And changing the behavior like this breaks all our export scripts.  😞

Otherwise, Photoshop is a great tool, could not live without it. Keep up the great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate