• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Multiple paths deselect when you convert them to a selection

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour of paths appears to have changed in Adobe CC. Before if you had 10 separate closed paths on path layer and you select one of the paths to convert it to a selection. After you pressed the 'convert path to selection button' all of the selected paths would stay selected and all of the other paths on that path layer would stay visible.

Since Adobe CC, now when you carry out the above process and once you click the 'convert path to selection button' it deselects all of the selected paths and all of the other paths are no longer visible meaning you have to go back to the path palette, re-select the path layer and then reselect all of the paths again.

This wastes a massive amount of time because what if the purpose of converting a group of selected paths was so that I can then apply a stroke to them? I now have to go back to the paths palette, select the path layer and then re-select all of the paths so that I can apply the stroke. That becomes a serious issue when you have 40 paths that you want to stroke. Why has this behaviour been changed? It worked perfectly before. Please can someone explain why the paths behaviours have been tampered with and whether anything is going to be done to fix this problem. It is seriously upsetting my work flow.

There is already a topic on this issue on the Adobe Community PS forum here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/61091...

Regards

An extremely frustrated technical illustrator.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to PS CC 2018 on Windows 10, and it seems that the issue has been addressed!  I was working with multiple paths yesterday as a test, and the path panel retains the paths and you can 'add to' and 'subtract from' the active selections. The paths stay available.  Let me know if any of you have a similar experience.  My workflow just got re-streamlined!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, unless I'm doing it wrong (which is possible, but I'm just doing what I've done for years), it still doesn't work. I lost this functionality a while ago though, and just updated this am. Still no worky. I had to make multiple selections, one at a time, on a mask, which is incredibly inefficient for commercial retouching.  Hoping it's just me and it miraculously starts working again before my next need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you draw all the paths,  in the path panel click off the path then back on the path then click the selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent a long time creating meticulous separate multiple pen paths in the expectation that I could make a single selection from them. I have spent several frustrating hours and tried everything I can think of without any success. I have found no solutions online.

I'm not sure this is the issue being discussed as I have never tried this before. It just seemed like a logical thing to try with the new curvature pen tool that makes creating pen paths so much easier.

I have just one layer and 25 paths. If I shift-click the oaths, they appear on the layer and I can select all the paths using the Path Selection Tool. If I turn off the visibility of the layer I see all the paths.

I just can't turn them into a selection... 

Anyone know of a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to confirm, the "load path as a selection" button at the bottom of the path panel does not do the trick? Only other idea I have might be that the "Path Operations" is not set to "combine shapes" and the selection is inversed, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate