• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Painting or drawing - adding shift causes strange effects

Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shift key is being weird when drawing freehand. What still works is holding shift first and just drawing straight (using any brush/pencil). And using Shift to click, then click a straight line. But if you're freehand drawing and THEN hold down the Shift to make a straight horizontal or vertical line - things get wacky. It works once- but if you let up and then try it again, it jumps around to another location on the page and then draws a random straight line. Does this repeatably. It's like using an Etch-a-Sketch.
This is NEW with the most recent update of Photoshop, and not welcome. Using MacOS 10.13.6

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Stephanie,

I'm seeing on both Win and Mac that if I start drawing with a brush, then hold down SHIFT without moving my mouse, the line will move orthogonally in the OPPOSITE direction of my final brush stroke.  Sound about right?

I've gone ahead and logged it.  Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, David - that's right. Thank you for logging it. I tested it based on a thread in the community.adobe.com pages, although their issue was slightly different. For them, shift after mousing didn't work at all. but this is what I was saying, although your wording is far more elegant. 🙂 Thanks!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing with SHIFT is that if I draw a SHIFT vertical line, let go and try to draw another SHIFT vertical line next to it. The lines join.

All I want are 2 vertical lines next to each other.

Is there a trick I'm missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Howdy Mark,

No, you've encountered the bug that Stephanie reported.  I've submitted it already to be addressed, hopefully in a release soon.  But you are correct; the behavior you're seeing in the latest release is wrong.

Sorry for the hassle,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate