• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Perspective Warp is broken.

Mentor ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i need to edit the Perspective Warp that has been applied to 50 Linked Smart Objects and I'm unable to do so in Win10. When i try to edit an edge of the PW, my image transforms in completely unexpected ways and when i finally do manage to move a node, my framerate drops down to 1fps or less.

There are no workarounds and the tool is totally broken.

Here's a quick screencap showing the main issue, but there are many other problems too.
https://www.loom.com/share/23f640a12abc4537955612985b76e399

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, i should mention that the 5+ year Rich Tool Tip bug is still present in Perspective Warp. I don't think it's ever been fixed since the tool was first introduced, so it's probably been longer than 5 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake in the video above. For some reason, i was thinking that shift-selecting a line would allow me to move the line and constrain to the perspective, but what it does is forces the line to be straight. The other issues are still there, however. Low FPS and rendering errors with the PW contents being shifted outside the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Perspective Warp started to malfunction AS SOON as I updated to the latest version of Photoshop

(version 22.3.1). I also noticed that they removed some of Graphics Processor Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eagle_Eye , the two graphics options were removed because they were causing performance problems on some systems when used. They effectively toggled GPU behavior between 'works better for pre-2014 hardware' and 'works better for post-2014 hardware'. With 2014 hardware being outside of the supported hardware requirements, its removal should not have any impact; if there is impact, we'd like to know. We also added quite a bit of more information to the System Info panel related to GPU, which can help us figure problems out much easier if you run into issues, so System Info output is critical for helping us sort out GPU-related issues. 

I believe, however, that the Perspective Warp problem is not a GPU issue, so this part of the conversation is slightly out of place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Perspective warp is broken here also

Photoshop 22.3.1,  Windows 10 20H2,  128GB RAM,  NVidia 2080ti 11GBVRAM studio Driver 461.92

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perspective warp is broken here also, Macintosh OS 10.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken (random zoom in to image) after selecting then clicking on the warp function. Photoshop 22.3.1, OS 11.2.3 (Big Sur), 2017 iMac, Radeon Pro 580 8GB, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core i7.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having problems with perspective warp--I need to warp something and it zooms in on a random corner of the item I need to adjust. I tried resizing, saving the image to a new file, etc.

Photoshop 22.3.1, 64 bit Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga c940

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5. Photoshop 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Windows 10 20H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5. Photoshop 22.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my perspective warp is broken. The problem began immediately after upgrading to Photoshop 22.3.1 release.
My machine:
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Mac Pro (2019)
3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe software programmers,

The perspective warp function has stopped working in the Photoshop 23.3.1 update. This function is extremely useful. Could you please fix this as soon as possible?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: Perspective Warp shows the upper left corner of the image at 100% after I set the layout and click on "Warp", rendering the whole function pretty useless because I don't see what I'm doing. I made a short video as a demonstration of the problem: https://youtu.be/T82PZERgMGA

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here spent a long time trying to fix - changing settings, changing drivers and getting very frustrated as trying to complete an assignment. Fortunately found the answer on Adobe Support Community and managed to complete my assignment.

Many thanks to jan.zitnaik for the solution. Expected better from Adobe !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most that I've seen is to downgrade to the photoshop version prior to the last update...instructions are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED... THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nikunj_Muglani I can confirm that this bug is fixed in 22.4, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update!

Regards,

Mohit

Votes