• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop crashes randomly when using transform tool

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a random crash only when using tranform tool.

Photoshop is completely up to date, Mac Os is up to date. Adobe customer service reset photoshop to factory settings and still getting the issue.  The issue has persisted for 2 years with no resolve.

My files are normal size - nothing crazy - around 3300 x 5100 pixels 300dpi. The issue tends to happen more when there are several layers and when working on a file and using transform tool on and off for a couple hours. Max layers 10-15. This is happening to all Psd files.

macOS Monterey 12.1

Processor - 3GHz 6-Core intel Core i5

Memory - 16gb 2667 Mhz DDr4

Graphics - Radeon Pro 570X 4GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Found the one submitted on Monday. Let me connect with an engineer and see if we can figure out what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had crashes occurring years ago many times both in Bridge and Photoshop.  At the time I had 12GB RAM, I increased that to 24GB RAM and the crashes stopped. Currently, due to now using higher mp files (60mp,50mp, 42.7mp), I have upped that figure to 64GB RAM, especially useful when doing panoramic stitching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Sounds like there aren't really great steps to reproduce consistently. Best thing would be to submit a crash log running the current version of Photoshop using the instructions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send crash reports regularly. I've sent another today. The workaround I have been contacted with in the past was to uncheck "save in Background" located in File Handling. Unfortunately that isn't fixing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the one submitted on Monday. Let me connect with an engineer and see if we can figure out what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate