• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problems with brush size shortcuts in the liquify tool

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC inside the Liquify tool holding down ctrl+alt+click and drag(on mac) no longer allows you to change the size of the brush.

Also in the liquify tool(no specific to CC) the fist time you use brackets ([,]) to change the brush size the size first moves in the wrong direction, then gets back to your original brush size, then goes in the direction you are trying to get to.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Macintosh doesn't use control, or alt.

Which modifiers are you actually using?

Which OS version?

Are you using a tablet or other alternate input device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well macs do have both those buttons, they are the bottom left most buttons on the keyboard.

control+alt (aka:option)

OS X 10.8

Using a wacom tablet. This option worked is CS6 inside the liquify tool, and it still works outside the liquify tool for the brushin CC, but no longer works inside the liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC inside the Liquify tool holding down ctrl+alt+click and drag(on mac OS 10.8) no longer allows you to change the size of the brush.

Also in the liquify tool(no specific to CC) the fist time you use brackets ([,]) to change the brush size the size first moves in the wrong direction, then gets back to your original brush size, then goes in the direction you are trying to get to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Spencer,

The bug for Liquify's brush resizing shortcut is CPU-related. Resizing via ctrl-alt-click has been fixed in 14.1.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Spencer,

The bug for Liquify's brush resizing shortcut is CPU-related. We are currently working on a fix that will be available soon.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool thnx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news. That was also really bugging me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is over two years old and there's still no solution?! I'm having the same problem here with the latest Photoshop CC: I can't use the normal keyboard shortcut to quickly change brush size ctrl+alt+right click+pen motion. This bug makes it very tedious to use the liquefy tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PS are you using? I remember this getting fixed with an update, I think it stopped working after they started the CC program, and changed some stuff around, and then fixed stuff up as they went a long.

Currently works for me in 14.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it could also be related to your video card and whether or not you have "Use Graphics Processor" checked in Performance under Preferences. I just had to turn mine off due to using an older video card and saw a change in the way Liquify's interface functioned. I saw a return of the weird brackets based issue.

If you have a halfway decent video card(≥512mb) make sure that you are utilizing your GPU, this might solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophe, try Spencer's suggestion and make sure that "Use Graphics Processor" is enabled under Preferences>Performance... and restart Photoshop

You'll also want to make sure your driver is up to date:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not fixed?
The brush resize keys are still different in the Liquify filter (Shift + = for Brush +  and ' for Brush -) from the canvas keystrokes ([ for Brush + and ] for Brush -) with an English / US keyboard.

Graphic tablets and new Apps like AstroPad aren't working that way. They know only one(!) keystroke for Brush + and one(!) keystroke for Brush -. And of course in other languages it becomes a horror to setup the brush keystrokes.

Why still going this (in my eyes stupid) way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're talking about something different from this thread.  You should start a new thread as it'll be more likely that you'll find an answer.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talk about the brush size shortcut which is the topic of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still here... trying to resize brings a zoom panel. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution! Apparently if you have more than one language on your keyboard ... you need to make sure that it's converted into English in order to be able to use the shortcuts, or else photoshop won't detect the new language's letters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem. Brush size does NOT work with keyboard shortcuts I have to use the anoying slider.

Why the heck are they not consistent with brush shortcuts. Why are they different in liquify than the rest of Photoshop. Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only fix for this (alt+rclick trying to quickly resize the brush size using a wacom pen inside the liquify window does NOT work) - I have to have the wacom window handy to constantly turn OFF windows ink.  That fixes the problem.  Then when you return to Photoshop after done liquify, turn ON windows ink again.

Suprising the program behaves in such a broken way for such a new 2022 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate