• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rotation tool on Wacom Tablet ExpressKeys stays selected, press-and-hold function disappeared

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 23.1 the Rotation tool have an issue.

Since ever, the rotation tool is set on one of my tablet's ExpressKeys.
Usually it's activated by pressing and holding the key, when I release the key it automatically switches back to whatever other tool I was using before (as it should be).
But since the latest update it stays selected if pressed touched ones and I'm forced to manually switch back to another tool (such as the brush for example).
I'm a professional illustrator and this is extremely annoying and slows down my workflow a lot.

I already set the rotation tool to another ExpressKey but also there it has the same issue.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022
Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Steps:

• Use the following optional extension (see this kb article for info on optional extensions) in PSUserConfig.txt:
    • sprk <time in milliseconds>
  • The time value above reflects the time for which a key needs to be pressed to enable the spring-loaded feature
  • Keep the time value above to a large value (e.g. 20000 which means that a key needs to be pressed for 20 seconds for spring-loading to activate for it)

This change went into 23.0.1 and in recent testing, I found that 100 to 300 works wel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Thanks for reporting this @Francesco_Giacomelli We have a similar bug that I've added more info to.  The same thing happens with the R key.  It is assigned to an Engineer to look at and fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Looks like a timing issue.  If you press the key to rotate, tap/click and drag to rotate, release the mouse button or lift the stylus with the rotate key still down, wait and then release the rotate key, it will return to brush.  If you do this quickly, it doesn't return and stays with the rotate tool.  Still a bug we need to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

I've been able to repro this problem and will log/escalate this!  Thanks for reporting this and apologies for the broken workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely a timig issue.

If a keep holding the Z key for a few moments after I've zoomed in, it goes back to the previous tool (so it works fine).

I created the PSUserConfig.txt and added "sprk 200", and now it seems to be behaving normally.

Thanks!

Btw the document size did not affect this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info on this workaround if you're curious:
sprk (SPRing-loaded Keyboard-shortcut) and the value is in milliseconds. So "sprk 200" is 200ms of holding the key down to trigger it as a spring-loaded keyboard shortcut.  If you increase the number, say to 1000ms, then you will need to hold the key down longer (more than 1000ms) in order to return to the previous tool.  Hope that makes sense and is helpful.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Pan and zoom is not working properly, enable flick panning  is unchecked. The normal zoom works fine with the mouse. But I am working with a wacom one tablet and pen, pan and zoom freezes its starts lagging. Its very annoying. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're an angel sent by the Gods from high above, thank you this solved my issue. It's working smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe das gleiche Problem bei allen meinen drei PC'S. In verschiedenen Foren beschreiben viele User dieses Problem. Anscheinend hat mal wieder Adobe einen Pfusch beim Update gemacht, wie leider sehr oft. Aber anstatt darauf zu reagieren müssen wohl wieder ewig auf eine Lösung warten. Beim Adobe Chat kommen nur die üblichen Tipps mit denen gar nichts erreicht wird, als ob diese Mitarbeiter keine Ahnung hatten. Naja, schauen wir mal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Seems to work now! Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m still having issues. After the update it was gone for a couple of days, then it returned. 
Yesterday my I got a call from my colleague (homeoffice) and she got the problem, too. Updated when the update came out, experiencing the problem since 3 days. Same config, PS CC22, Mac Pro (late 2013). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate