• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Selection deletes pixels below (windows)

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug started happening in one of the latest versions, possibly in the last half a year. When selecting pixels in the same layer, moving them over existing pixels and then deselecting & undoing the operation, PS deletes the bottom pixels. This also happens when adding to selection. This behavior did not happen in previous versions of the program and defiantly feels weird. 

RackMultipart201903128396414g4-f5c56d19-2ff5-481c-b037-5463963516fe-1509355174.jpgRackMultipart201903128396414g4-f5c56d19-2ff5-481c-b037-5463963516fe-1509355174.jpg

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019
Thank for the demo, Omer.  I can see the bug now and I've logged it.  It appear to only be on Windows.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Omer,

I'm trying to replicate what you're reporting, but I'm not seeing anything wrong.  Perhaps I'm not performing the same steps you are.  Could you tell me each step you're doing AND how you're doing it, in case this is a workflow bug?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have described it above, will try to do it step by step to the detail

1. have a layer with pixels in it. 

2. select in whatever method you wish part of the pixels in that layer. 

3. move the pixels you selected only with the selection using marquee tool+ctrl or using the move tool (doesnt matter which)  to an area where they overlap other pixels in the same layer. Stop moving them 🙂

4. Now deselect the selection you have, either by clicking outside of the selection or by clicking ctrl+d.

5. click undo, ctrl+z.

6. Move again the selction, using marquee tool+ctrl or using the move tool (doesnt matter which).

7. Result: pixels below the selected area are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm not seeing a problem.  Are you on Windows or Mac?  Which OS version?  Which PS version?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, latest PS version 20.0.4.

This did not happened in previous versions. I have just reinstalled PS 2017.1.6 and this bug isn't happening there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Omer, I actually tried 2017 as well (with slightly different steps, cuz multiple-Undo-as-CTRL-Z wasn't enabled then).  I wondering if might be an unexpected result for you rather than a bug.  If your layer is Background, then it cannot have empty pixels -- we automatically fill with your background color.  You can only have transparency if your layers are named (and your format supports it).

If that's not it, would you like to do a web-hosted screen-share so I can your exact steps?  Let me know and I can send you all the info you need.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not related to Background layer. This happens on normal layers.
Yes, we can do a screen share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I was able today to try and replicate the bug on two different computers. On one of them the bug occurred, while on the other it didn't. Both were windows 10 OS, with the latest PS version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, I'd like to do a screenshare to see your exact steps.  It could be a workflow issue and it might be due to a non-standard system setting or component.  Sometimes things misbehave for quite unexpected reasons.  I believe you're seeing something -- we need to nail down exactly what it is and how you're getting it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the demo, Omer.  I can see the bug now and I've logged it.  It appear to only be on Windows.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am sad to say the bug was not fixed in the new Photoshop 2020 😞
I was sure a bug this weird will be on the table