• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Start Workspace not loading correctly (19.0 & 19.1)

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When photoshop loads it occasionally fails to load the default workspace, welcome screen or the file that was requested.

This occurs randomly without warning on boot.  Had this issue originally with 19.1, but after crashes with the pen tool reformatted my PC and installed 19.0 with the same problem.

Opening the workspace manually does bring up the panels, but photoshop is often unresponsive afterwards, so a close and restart is required.

No plugins are currently used, but I do use NexusFont for loading fonts into memory (which is never been a problem before - so doubt this is related)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

This is fixed in 20.0 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, mac, not fixed since photoshop 18.0, issue happens more often when starting photoshop by dragging a file to its icon and open it directly and not starting it "empty". sometimes happens twice a day. fixed by restarting. most of the times all the panels are missing - besides the main panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to hear I'm not alone!  Yes also happens to me more often when opening a file directly too, though still occasionally when just opening the program empty.  I also tried disabling the welcome screen, but seems unrelated and just a symptom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan, What OS/version are you running on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 1709

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome screen disabled here all the time. but enabling it seems to have no postive effect either. what's most irritating – it seems so random, sometimes it happens, sometimes not, same circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RackMultipart2018020948617o5da-4532e50c-02d5-4bca-8fdf-09df468c6869-1403985381.png
and again this morning after just booting..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this custom workspace? or one of the default workspaces?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not a custom workspace, I used to have one setup, but thought it could be part of the issue, so reformatted my windows drive and this is pretty much a vanilla setup...

System info as below...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64
Number of Launches: 17
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4008 MHz
Built-in memory: 16323 MB
Free memory: 2 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14388 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %
Surface Dial: Enabled.
Alias Layers: Disabled.
Modifier Palette: Enabled.
Highbeam: Enabled.
Image tile size: 1024K
Image cache levels: 4
Font Preview: Medium
TextComposer: Latin
Display: 1

Low free ram atm as Im working in 3DCoat but have 16GB DDR running on an i7 6700k (oc'd to 4.5Ghz) using a Nvidia 980Ti and the issue occurs when nothing else is open as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

custom on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the only other thing I thought that could be related, was I have disabled the font cache service on Windows.  I need to do this to work with nexus font for dynamically loading fonts.  (Some changes were made in Windows 10 anniversary update that made this a requirement)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I was looking for the card(s) and driver information, as well as what extensions were installed, but that information is not listed.

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver? Have you tried restoring your preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/hr/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your on Mac, so your issue may be different. Do you hide Photoshop when switching applications? There's a known issue with macOS where hiding Photoshop and bringing it back up can make it unresponsive: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/hiding-photoshop-sometimes-makes-it-irretriev...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not in this case, this always happens directly after opening photoshop. with standard or custom workspaces. always have to quit and restart the programm again to really fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is fixed in 20.0 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate