• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 23.4.2 and it defaults back to saving to the Cloud AGAIN, despite changing it in my Preferences on the last version. You really are frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stupid "feature" resets itself on my PC about once a month, just about the same interval I get the stupid notification about the 3D features going away. This time, it did it in the middle of a session. I save one psd locally, 15 mins later, try to save another one and it prompts me to save to the stupid cloud. I am just about done with Adobe and their crap. Affinity Photo is a great replacement.

ADOBE: DO BETTER! Since you have switched to the subscription model, photoshop has suffered GREATLY. From keyboard shortcuts that don't allow you to move to an inactive layer, to you ACTIVELY REMOVING 3D features to try to get people to pay YET ANOTHER subscription fee (When you purchased Substance, you tweeted it would be added to CC), to resized images having semi transparent pixels at the edges, and NONE OF IT ever gets fixed.

DO BETTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for the same problem with Illistrator, except that AI wouldn't even save a file. It wouldn't bring up the OS window that lets you select where to save. It seemed [removed] bent on making go ont othe CLoude- which I absolutely refuse to do. My work is private. The "reset warnings" in preferences was all I had to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let me ALWAYS save my files on my Computer and STOP pushing your cloud which is cluttered with problems every 2 weeks. 

There is enough "malwate" already to disable with windows, I don't like my tools to be one of those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everyone wants to save to cloud.  Some people don't have the data and in my case travelling around Australia we don't always have internet in certain areas.  I prefer to save to my computer and have control off line.  I have PS 24.0 and there is nowhere to change in file handling to save direct to my computer.  I have to go through several steps once I've completed my project to save.  If it's not broken why try to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20221115_154232.jpgthis is what version 24.0 looks like and nowhere can I change back to my computer.  Adobe, it would be appreciated if you could correct this so we have a choice.  Cloud is not suitable for those who live outside major cities in Australia. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@debbieh50552977,

Which operating system?

Do you have the latest OS updates?

Go to File > SaveAs...  Select a folder on your local hard drive for which you have both read & write permissions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought I was the only one or (still) crazy about this "saving of one's work" to the cloud. The person that thought that one up as a default should spend a few days on the beach. Thank you very much for making the update to that. The cloud is useful, but I'll bet most users want their work closer to home but do appreciate the option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have version 24.0 as per the photo I put up previously it shows nowhere to change to save to computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@debbieh50552977 wrote:

I have version 24.0 as per the photo I put up previously it shows nowhere to change to save to computer

Debbie, one thing we see is that folks have the newest version installed, but have opened an older version. Can you go to Help > About and tell us which version you have open?

You can also launch v. 24.0 directly from the Creative Cloud app.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix is to get 24.0.1 update. 24.0.0 does NOT have ability to disable the default of saving to cloud. They fixed it in 24.0.1. fixed in 24.0.1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like 24.0.0. had a regression, since earlier versions had this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely there. I haven't upgraded to 24.0.1 yet and I have the option to save locally.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 07.33.57.pngScreenshot 2022-11-18 at 07.58.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frontendnerd 

thank you, I didn't think I was going mad.  I'm just updating version 24 to version 24.0.1.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e 

Debbie, one thing we see is that folks have the newest version installed, but have opened an older version. Can you go to Help > About and tell us which version you have open?  You can also launch v. 24.0 directly from the Creative Cloud app.

I have been using Photoshop and Lightroom regularly and for many years.  As I travel around Australia without internet coverage in many cases, I have to keep my programs up todate otherwise I can't access them.  Until Adobe started pushing the Cloud I never had a need to go on this forum. Thank you for trying to help but I did communicate with Adobe direct a couple of days ago, pointing out that their 24.0 version did not have the option.  Version 24.01 which I have just updated with now has the option.  Hopefully it will stay there perminately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like some people have the option in 24.0.0 and others do not. Cloud software is deployed with feature flags that permit a feature to be enabled through a configuration file. Perhaps this feature is sitting behind a feature flag and Adobe was running an experiment where they disable it for a subset of users to see how many people complain when they take it away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back with the latest update. Be sure to update the File Handling preference with that option to enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 24.0.1 and it does NOT have that preference on Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. That supports the feature flag hypothesis: that Adobe has the feature disabled for a subset of users/regions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt there is a "feature flag." More likely if I reset preferences/warnings, it would reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 (Home, but I doubt that makes a difference with this issue) and v20.0.1.

I have the following options:

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Features flags are a real thing. I have seen them in multiple companies. I'm a software developer. This is precisely the sort of thing that would be behind a feature flag. While it may be one of the many preferences-related issues, it's an interesting idea to consider that, given the way it keeps popping up across versions, that's it's connected to their cloud implementation. Especially since the product managers at Adobe very like prefer users to save on the cloud for many reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on v24.0.0 and I have the default save location option in my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of what feature flags are. I seriously doubt that Adobe is doing some sort of secret test with mass distributed software. But 99.9999999% of conspiracy theories are nonsense so...

Votes

Translate

Translate