Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: There isn't enough room to display this document

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2458817

I read all topics about this problem and tried all solutions. Some helped but only in specific scenarios they are no options for me. There was not mentioned (at least for me) REAL cause of this error so I am creating new topic. I hope it is more helpful...

All proposed default Ps workspaces have tools panels docked to left margin of screen. It is why they let you to open files in normal size. When you dock your Tools panel to right margin of screen all is okey too. Any panel, however docked or not to any other or margin does not make difference. All works still good. Problem occurs only when you undock your Tools panel from left/right margin of screen. If you move it few centimeters from left margin all is still fine, but always when you move it farer to right side of screen (and from up) an created/opened document will minimalize its size due to Tools panel distance from left screen margin. If additionally you dock your Tools panel to any other panel that is not docked to left/right margin of screen (but moved to specific location in your Ps workspace) error is going to occur while creating/opening document.

This is of course bug! The only I can do is to turn off Tools panel what is ridicolous solution or else dock it to right Ps screen margin what doesn't satisfy me too for reason It covers too much space along with other panels I keep as small as possible.

This is my first day with CC 19.1. So far i used CS6 for few years. From that I read prior CC versions doesn't have this bug yet.

Since I use specific panels location I can't work with this bug. I'm going to use CS6 until next CC update that fix this problem.

That's really funny first action, opening file I did in newest Ps after relocating panels (including Tools) ended up with error 🙂

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018
This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. 

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes for you!
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
61 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please as I joined prerelease program could you share with me ID of a log for this bug, as I guess you are person who logged it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other post of this theard last updated link take you to Adobe Ps forum topic where someone confirmed it happens for him the way it is described with exception images open in normal size when 'Open with Photoshop' command is chosen in Windows (so outside of Ps). I tried it, and it makes no difference for me. Still that worked for someone, but as stated such workaround is not any option for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, any changes or updated information yet. I'm at a standstill. Will Adobe extend our subscription for each day we can't use our software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From official source I know they are almost sure to fix it with next update, so it seems in few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found with the new update on MacOS, my images open up at full size, or at best size, when at start. If I have full screen selected, though, and open another photo, it opens smaller with black around it. All I have to do now is just cycle between images and it "fixes", although the image isn't centered. Whatev...it's a step in the right direction.
RackMultipart2018041012187111c-b385aaaa-b43f-45a1-8dee-83d2408ac735-771222639.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen with 2 displayes like when you created topic about or it is with one screen?
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cc-2018-win-10-images-opening-unexpectedly-sm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of the feedback and the help diagnosing this issue, especially Kukurykus. This issue will be resolved in the next update to Photoshop. We will post to this thread and let everyone know when that update becomes available.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hurry with this update - we already wait enough long to wait a little longer 😉 What is most important is there were fixed also other bugs they never were part of Photoshop before CC 2018, but are now from end of Octorber 2017.

They are really tiny (but annoying) things to fix by engenieers, especially first one (both are aleady logged, but I remind of to make sure they won't be forgotten, as like I say they're only 19.0 - 19.1.3 versions problems and seem very easy to sort out):

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2466279
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2470813

Edit: logged by David, with id's (accordingly): PS-14524 and PS-15009

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously glad that I found Kukurykus  post about this insane issue.

It was driving me absolutely bonkers, slowed my workflow to a crawl, and had me wondering if I should finally make the jump to Capture One.

I have an HP Omen Laptop with an Intel i7, 16 Gig Ram, on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.  Running Photoshop 19.1.3.  This is a brand new gaming style laptop with a dedicated video card.

I am NOT running two screens.  

When opening files from LR to CC, all of the files are opening at the bottom left of the workspace and TINY.  When doing volume editing, I simply do NOT have time for Adobe programming errors (AKA BUGS) like this.

I have my own workspace setup that works for me, but it is rendered useless now that I have to dock my tools palette on the left.

Come ON Adobe.  Things like this should be a no-brainer to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are another one with this nearly 2 months issue. Actually I stopped fighting they fix it as finally that was confirmed to be solved with incoming update 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Started the day I got my new machine.  Tried the action workaround but it was useless.  Thank you for being such a consistent voice on this.

Frustrating that Adobe allows stuff like this to continue for people who rely on speed and accuracy.

There is no need to wait months for another release to fix something as glaringly wrong as this.

As for me, I will believed it is fixed when it is fixed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When CC 2019 will be released we can finally use CC 2018 the way it is supposed to work 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this fixed on the latest update or do we have to wait longer than we already have?

RMV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be resolved in the next update to Photoshop, v. 19.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they work hard now on next update that possibly will be last one for CC 2018 release. As there are no serious problems to use Photoshop now (not for me though) perhaps they can focus with no pressure on every single one that came with 19.x version and was found by users. If so and unless this and other fixes won't affect wrongly on anything there works properly already we can expect no more updates 🙂

It's about month elapsed from 19.1.3, so probably this bug will be gone very soon, however I'd like to wait even one month more if all others had to be sorted out too thanks to this additional time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a current win 10 dual monitor system. Images are opened at about 8% of full size. This didn't start until I installed the 19.1.3 release of PSCC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is the result of the same root issue on this thread. It will be fixed in the next update. We will update this thread when the update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. The problem is not serious but it is disconcerting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - a workaround is either dock or hide the Tool bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That new topic of Bob Roby shouldn't be merged with this one. It's the same problem but caused by dual monitor system. In this case it should be merged with proper topic, so this one:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cc-2018-win-10-images-opening-unexpectedly-sm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What others say who experience this problem but for reason of using 'dual monitor system' docking Tools Bar doesn't help. Bob Roby didn't say how it's for him, but probably it won't help him too. It's why in other post of this theard I suggested to merge it with other topic, dedicated to his issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. 

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes for you!
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woot!

Votes