• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Welcome screen freezes and won't go away

Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much like, many, many other Photoshop CC users, if I load Photoshop directly (as opposed to double-clicking a PSD file), the stupid welcome screen (well, a blank, white window) appears and will not go away. I have read that if you wait around 20 minutes, stuff will appear, including a 'don't show this stupid screen and crash my computer ever again' option box.

I'm a fully paid up CC subscriber and I'm running 2014.2.1 release. PLEASE fix this, surely it's a 5 minute job to make that stupid window go away and never come back! Come on, this hang is the first thing a Photoshop user experiences when they load it up. It does not inspire much confidence in what's supposed to be a pro-level piece of software.

I've been using Photoshop professionally since VERSION 1 and do not need to be told, by a crashy welcome screen, how to use it.

I do know that over the past few versions, it's become progressively less stable - and more bloated with silly features. PLEASE fix this!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014
Should be fixed in the 2014.2.2 update. Choose Help>Updates... to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, my issue which was merged into this one, is still not fixed.

Recent files which are on an unmounted network drive still display incorrectly on the welcome screen:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I thought photoshop had updated but it hadn't! It is indeed fixed. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sweet. Thanks for confirming!

Votes

Translate

Translate