Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24 4.1 keeps having to shut down

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please help if you can. Six weeks ago I received a new laptop after my hardy Dell of seven years got her motherboard fried after a power surge due to South Africa's rolling blackouts. The new laptop is a ROG strix G513RC the specs are: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 32,0 GB (31,3 GB usable) System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor but it does not seem to be coping with photoshop. I have sent through error reports and I have taken screen shots. I will be halfway through an edit and Photoshop closes....are the specs on this laptop not sufficient for edits with alot of layers? or is this a windows 11 problem because I never had problems with like this with my Dell Inspirion

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moon298477959li0 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the information.

Did this start when you shifted to a new laptop or when you updated to this version?

Have you tried any steps so far?

You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t

Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Moon298477959li0 

I don't use Windows, but two things:

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moon298477959li0 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for all the advice. I reset the prefrences to default after I backed up all my prefrences. Thank you Ranjisha!

The problem has persisted though. I will reset the GPU, Cory, thank you for the suggestion. Is the GPU on this actual laptop outdated? Will resetting the GPU affect smart filters. The laptop is six weeks old and was bought as a gift but I have nothing but error reports while editing from day one. My husband was told that by increasing the RAM to 32 gigs the laptop would be as powerful as my Dell with all the specs to handle the latest version of Photoshop. I allocate 85% RAM to Photoshop but tonight Photoshop had a problem accessing it. Do you perhaps have a solution to this dilema?  Screenshot (29).pngScreenshot (30).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines