• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When selecting and copying (or cutting) area to new layer, some pixels surrounding the selected area

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! In Photoshop 2023: When selecting and copying (or cutting) area to new layer, some pixels surrounding the selected area also get copied, even though not selected. And when selecting new layer every pixel, they also not get selected and I have to manually edit and delete them. No feather or other selection modifier or submask is applied. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is tthis sounds like a bug?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ichigo29447062t1bx what you are seeing is feathering due to the edges not being 100% completely clean on the image. There are some transitional colors being captured when you make your selection.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1684963769760.png

Not every selection is 100% accurate and can require some clean up prior to acting on them. I would completely expect to have to adjust my selection with an image like this. In this case I would either expand my selection 1 px to remove the excess or after I mask, use Select and Mask to shift the edge negative to remove.

I noticed in your file you just created new layers not mask, so in those cases you can use Layer menu>Matting and defringe as well:

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1684963969886.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines