• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 px Pencil (tool) draws 2x3 pixels!

Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Photoshop 24.6 update, the Pencil tool (size= 1 px, Hardness=100) draws a 2x3 pixels box and changes the colour to white (no Shift key pressing down)!
(Pixel Aspect Ratio is set to Square in View Menu)

gif.gif

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of brush do you have selected, and what are the settings applied to it?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new type of Brush we call it Pencil tool 🥴...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has to hire me to discover and report new bugs after any update release! How many bugs have I been reporting?!

Instead of developing ridiculous tools like Generative AI (=Generative Clown), please focus on improving the current tools!

Absolutely no offence to your great jobs! I beg you, don't ruin the current tools after any update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOLOL! Thanks ! You got me! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence. Just kidding... I am not serious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TenTin testing here in Mac and Win and the pencil tool is working as expected.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None taken! I was just wondering if a soft edge 1 pixel brush (if there is such a thing!) would be the cause. So I tried to replicate it, but the only time it created a 2 px wide stroke is when I wasn't spot on the pixel line.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done this many times before! Just wasting the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines