• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

19.1.1 Camera Raw incompatible

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So updated from 18 back to 19.1.1 after hearing the pen tool crash was fixed.  Now the camera raw filter doesn't work.  Says incompatible with this version of Photoshop?  Is an update for that pending or have I missed something?

Seriously fed up of switching versions right now, one thing fixed, another problem introduced.  CC is turning into a disaster right now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Adobe just released a 10.2.1 camera raw for windows to fix this bug.

You can get the 10.2.1 camera raw installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-not-compatible-this-version-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 146 Replies 146
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem on Windows 10. Same behaviour, try opening a jpeg with the camera raw filter and you get an error message.

1.jpg

After that even .cr2 files do not open in ACR. If you open a raw file immediately after starting Photoshop that will work and you can then open JPEG files in camera raw for that session only.

What I find does work is

2.jpg

Change the JPEG and Tiff preference to open all supported files

3.jpg

Then when you open a JPEG in Photoshop it will immediately open in Camera Raw without having to open a raw file first. The setting also carries over from one session to another. To me it looks as if Photoshop is having a problem applying the ACR settings to JPEGs but not to dedicated raw files.

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Same problem. Won't open Camera Raw after this stupid update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.
Win 10 x64 with latest updates (OS build 16299.125)
Latest nVidia drivers 390.77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest build of Windows 10 is 16299.214 so you are a little behind the curve, but the problem is present on the latest build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Win10 build and still don't have the issue on 2 PC's

It's strange that myself and Dave aren't having any problems with ACR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged nice to have you back. Do you have the ACR settings set to 'open JPEGS with settings' or 'Open all supported JPEG formats? I have your graphics card and Windows 10 build and still get the error unless I set the ACR  preference to 'Open all supported JPEG formats'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

I don't have the issue and I have "Automatically open jpegs with settings" as preference

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as the adobe guys said they can reproduce the issue. i don´t know what a further discussion and rätselraten will add to the solving of the issue.

lets wait for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're just trying to narrow down what's causing the issue, it would be good if we could figure out if it's OS or PS related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems either Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro display adapters will test My Surface Pro 3 with Intel HD Graphic after the update  finishes.  Update done It does not seem to have any problem

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is an issue with ACR 10.2 that only happens on Win OS (it might even be more limited to more recent Win10 updates). The trigger has to do with plug-in loading and when that happens in Ps.

Ps 19.1 added support for high-density monitor support and per-monitor scaling (New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC ). ACR 10.2 adds support for this as well, but also needs to support other apps that don't yet include this support. The problem happens when the first loading of ACR in Ps happens when accessed via Filter> Camera Raw Filter...

We didn't understand all the conditions required to trigger this issue previously, but now do have reproducible steps. We are working on providing a fix as soon as possible. The attached action works to load the plug-in as expected for the Ps 19.1 hosting application, but needs to be invoked for every launch of Ps.

We're sorry for the issue, and thank you for being patient.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other data point to share: this only occurs on Monitors with a height of >1080 px.

So if you're using a smaller, non-4K display you may never see this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam - that explains it - I'm using 3 x 1920x1080 monitors here, so could not replicate.
It is a good question to ask if we see future reported issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a 4k display but still get the error. Eizo 1920x1200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Adam+Jerugim  wrote

One other data point to share: this only occurs on Monitors with a height of >1080 px.

So if you're using a smaller, non-4K display you may never see this issue.

Ahhh.  I have two 1920x1200 and a 2560x1440.  (but only able to use two of them right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I have the issue and am running 2560x1440 monitors here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

I have don't have any issue with or without that option selected, I have tried every option to replicate what people are mentioning and haven't been able to break my ACR

P.S. it's good to be back, although I'm having to get use to the cold weather again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

the latest build of Windows 10 is 16299.214 so you are a little behind the curve, but the problem is present on the latest build.

I just forced the latest Windows update (to 16299.248) to see if I could get this problem to happen here. I'm feeling left out , still nothing.
As I said earlier it would be good to get some feedback, from Adobe , on why some see the issue and some don't, if only so we can extend the way we test to confirm future issues.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has created some incredible products, but my God, Adobe CC is a craps game with every update. I spend more time looking up fixes for their 'upgrades' then working. It's truely been an awful experience as of late, and that's a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from a freezing UK!
I just did a quick test and lowered the resolution of my screens to 1080 using nVidia control panel and this fixed the issue. Bringing the resolution back up to native 1440 and the issue reappears. This definitely has something to do with the screen resolution being higher than 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#MeToo

This is crazy . (Yes, I need to vent...)

1. Windows 7, 64 bit, this morning ran CC updates and yes, same problem as others.

2. I can report that changing screen resolution manually to 1080p (wow that looks bad) then the Camera Raw filter functions as it has in the past. Otherwise, with my 27" set to native resolution (4K), I receive the same error message as others have reported.

Best wishes for a quick fix @TeamAdobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 19.1.1 and CamRaw 10.2 incompatible for jpegs.
But when I open a NEF file, I can use camera raw aas usual
and after that also load a jpeg file and continua using camera raw correctly
Just for one session. Think the problem occured after the last Windows update:
2018-02 version 1709 (KB4074588) succesfully installed on 2/14/2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Update shows my system is up to date.  Photoshop CC 2018 is at version 19.1.1,  ACR is version 10.2.  If I set ACR preference to Open jpeg files. When I use CC 2018 menu file>open select a jpg file ACR 10.2 open on my 4k display without a problem. I can use it windowed or full display to open jpeg files and also use it as a Photoshop filter on my 4k display. My CR2 file also no problems. My Windows Display setting scale my 4k 175% which would make its 3840x2160 pixel display like a display  with 2194x1234px. I believe others do have problems but I do not know where the problem is.

acrjpg.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Adobe has added the ACR 10.1 installers back to the ACR download page:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

If you wish to temporarily roll back to ACR 10.1, rather than use a workaround, you can at the above link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Benjamin - that works a treat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines