Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.1.1 photoshop photomerge not working

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.1.1 photoshop photomerge not working

I have the latest version of bridge and photoshop, when I select files to merge. it is saying "install the latest version of photoshop to continue". Not very helpful when I have the latest version. Any fix yet?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since when are you seeing this issue? Are you on an M1 machine? What is your macOS version?

Can you check if you have more than one version of Bridge on your system? If it is there, kindly uninstall the older version and restart the system.

First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose "Reset Preferences," Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache," and/or Reset Standard Workspaces." In your cas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

I'll help you figure this out. Have you tried using Photomerge from within Photoshop > File > Automate > Photomerge?

If the direct way works, there is a broken link between Bridge & Photoshop. Try this:

• Uninstall Photoshop & Bridge.
  • Install Bridge > Open Bridge once & close it.
  • Install Photoshop once & close it again.
  • Now, open Bridge once again & try using Tools > Photoshop > Photomerge again.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since when are you seeing this issue? Are you on an M1 machine? What is your macOS version?

Can you check if you have more than one version of Bridge on your system? If it is there, kindly uninstall the older version and restart the system.

First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose "Reset Preferences," Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache," and/or Reset Standard Workspaces." In your case, select "Reset Preferences."

If that doesn't work, I'd uninstall both Bridge and Photoshop, then reinstall Bridge and Photoshop in that order.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll help you figure this out. Have you tried using Photomerge from within Photoshop > File > Automate > Photomerge?

If the direct way works, there is a broken link between Bridge & Photoshop. Try this:

• Uninstall Photoshop & Bridge.
  • Install Bridge > Open Bridge once & close it.
  • Install Photoshop once & close it again.
  • Now, open Bridge once again & try using Tools > Photoshop > Photomerge again.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the problem thank you! Once I deleted the older version and restarted the MAC it was perfect.  Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After checking for other Bridge versions, uninstall/reinstall correct order did not resolve, this solved my issue:

Adobe Bridge 2023> Preferences> (Startup Scripts setting) > (enable) Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Photoshop 2023 option This script enables other applications to communicate with Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you can help! I am having the same problem. I'm on a PC running Windows 11. I tried using Photomerge first from Photoshop and it just hangs. I tried from Bridge and again Photoshop just hangs. I was using Photoshop 24.1 so I tried updating to 24.4.1. Same problem.

So I followed the instructions to uninstall both apps, reinstall and open each one and then try again from both Bridge and Photoshop it fails. Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kathrynw33323825 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You have already tried re-installing the applications, and that didn't work. Try resetting the preferences once. Steps here: First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose "Reset Preferences," Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache," and Reset Standard Workspaces." In your case, select "Reset Preferences."

Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Thanks for trying but that did not work either. I closed PS and Bridge and
reopened Bridge and reset the preferences. I then closed and reopened
Bridge. Selected photos and Tools> PS>Photomerge. It opens PS but just
hangs - photos never open.

After quitting both apps I opened PS and opened the images. I then tried
File>Automate>Photomerge and again it just hangs.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help. Kc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do we have to reinstall the apps? 

Why cant this be solved by a patch of the app? 

What is the problem? 

And why wasn´t this tested in the beta test. 

I am having the same problem and it´s very frustrating to see a feature that you need to stich something does not work? 

Can you give us an explenaition to this? 

cheers 

rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines