• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Render settings- Where are they in 2018?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a little trouble finding the advanced render settings. following the steps, but I'm not seeing any options, or am i even on the right panel... What am i missing ???

Customize render settings

• At the top of the 3D panel, click the Scene button .

•  

To the right of the Render Settings menu, click Edit.

•  

(Optional) To see the effect of new settings as you make changes, select Preview. Or, deselect this option to slightly improve performance.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 11.37.02 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Hi

The panels changed quite considerably between Photoshop CS5 and CS6. Unfortunately the documentation has still not kept up and has references to the old panels.

So since CS6 (and in all the CC versions) the render settings are split between :

Preferences (In Preferences >3D 😞

3D Scene Properties
Surface /Line styles and Presets:

Is there any particular setting/ mode you are looking for?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are in the normal preferences:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The panels changed quite considerably between Photoshop CS5 and CS6. Unfortunately the documentation has still not kept up and has references to the old panels.

So since CS6 (and in all the CC versions) the render settings are split between :

Preferences (In Preferences >3D 😞

3D Scene Properties
Surface /Line styles and Presets:

Is there any particular setting/ mode you are looking for?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That about covers it... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very frustrating that Adobe Photoshop guide has sections that document how Photoshop worked 7 version ago. IMO Adobe should put more effort into updating documentation and fixing bugs.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it frustrating that they are trying to incorporate 3D into their graphics software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me 3D is too much like work.  Photoshop 3D support is a Toy I play with from time to time. Its fun when you don't know how to use it.  Drink wine and play....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

IMO 3D has been neglected recently in Photoshop, in terms of advancements, whilst other parts of the application have moved forward. It seems that Adobe's focus in 3D has been on Dimension rather than Photoshop. That said, I still use it a lot and it is amazing what you can do with some of the lesser known rendering modes.

Be careful playing in 3D JJ, it's addictive The next thing you know you have been dragged in to the 3D world and are using full 3D apps and texturing software

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm old school. I use 3D for 3D ( mainly Lightwave) then bring into Photoshop / After Effects for composition.

davescm  wrote

Be careful playing in 3D JJ, it's addictive The next thing you know you have been dragged in to the 3D world and are using full 3D apps and texturing software

Dave

He's not kidding, JJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use lightwave 3d as well. have been for over 25 years. Photoshop is great at post work, however. not 3D rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow Adobe Dimension was installed on my machine.  I must have clicked on something I did not intend to and it was install in the background.  I noticed its launch icon on my desk.  I did open it and saw Adobe has been working on a easier to use 3D UI it look like it could be fun but I'm not going to fall into that trap....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack  wrote

it look like it could be fun but I'm not going to fall into that trap....

big things are coming for 3d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines