Exit

3rd party Photoshop add-on won't install

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 12.57.50 PM.png

Hello,

I purchased a 3rd party Add On through the Adobe Exchange — Pixelator.

It says it’s installed, but when I launch Photoshop it’s not showing up in the Actions panel. I also hit Sync Extensions and that didn’t work either.

The documentation provided by the vendor isn’t helpful.

THANK YOU in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beccab,

Sorry to hear that, could you please check let us know if the Creative Cloud app is running in the background?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check to see if it's running in the background?

I'm using the CC suite on my iMac. I quit all my Adobe apps then clicked Sync Extensions then relaunched Photoshop. Still not in my Actions palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can see if you running Creative Cloud on the background see if there's this icon on the notification bar, also when you'll have a plug-in installed, you should receive a notification that you have downloaded it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is running in the background. I didn't receive an (email) notification that it was installed, but online it's saying it's been Acquired. After syncing I see a new message: "Sync request has been sent. See the Creative Cloud desktop for further details."

When I go to Adobe Creative Cloud Notifications there's no notification.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.59.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To troubleshoot, I acquired another add on. It wouldn't install through the CC app, so I downloaded and installed through Extensions Manager. It worked. So I tried this with the Pixelator add on. In Extension Manager it says it was installed, but when I go to the Photoshop Actions palette it's still not showing up. And yes, I've restarted Photoshop (and all other Adobe apps) and it still doesn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is email on Adobe Exchange on tab Where to Find It to contact developer who can certainly help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact Pixelator

Pixelator - Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines