• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

96 DPI image gets reset to 96.012 on save

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a png image (many of them actually) that were given to me in the right pixel size but set at 72dpi.  They need to be 96dpi as they are for use in a program and WPF seems to care and tries to scale them if they are not 96 to start.  I figured that's an easy fix, created a quick action to change to 96 and ran in batch on the folder.  Everything ran fine, but when I open them they are all 96.012dpi.  I tried doing it manually on one of them and I can set it to 96 exactly, and when I go back into it, it's still set to exact 96.  However when I save, close, and reopen the file it's back to 96.012.  I know it doesn't seem like it would make much difference but if it's not exactly 96 WPF will try to scale it and it ends up with some blurring on the edges, etc.

What can I do to set the images as 96 exactly and why won't it stick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it's miniscule, but it's triggering WPF to rescale the image and make the edges fade.  To prove my point, here is the original image zoomed in:

original image.png

and here is a screen capture from the program where the icon is used:

from program.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines