• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action for date stamp

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I search for "date stamp action" and I received some return that did not answered my question.

I just want create an action that can write the year in the picture. I was looking for something as create a text layer and in the text box to write hypothetically "Made on $CREATION_YEAR" and automatically it could generate a replacement in the picture when running the action as "Made on 2017" (as an example) using the same font for the year as the remaining text. Is there anything like that in Photoshop?

I found a few references about scrips and strange programming languages... but I was looking for something that look me easier to include into the text for replacement...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to have to use a script to get the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for Actions and Scripts that do what you want any action that does will need to use a script to get the image exif data and add a text layer with and approbate size font. Often metadata has been stripped there is no way of knowing  what year the image was made in that case.

An action can scale and image to a known suze and add and approate sized text layer. However it can not use logic to retrive information parse it and use the infomation like EXIF data.

There are scripts on the web.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Photoshop+script+to+date+an+image&oq=Photoshop+script+to+date+an+ima...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat has a Watermark feature which might interest you.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 4.23.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines