Exit

Action Step to Save as PNG Not Recording the Save As Part

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

A few days ago, I created an Action where I exported a file as a PNG to a specific location and subsequently closed the file.

Today, I cannot get the action recording to save the part where I export. It only saves the close action. I've tried it numerous times. I closed Photoshop and tried. I updated photoshop and tried. It's the same regardless.

I've attached a video of what I'm doing and what I have once I'm done...

I don't understand why it worked once and now won't. I actually had the same problem immediately after saving the first one but I wrote it off to me being tired...not tired now.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, I didn't attach the video but here it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kirbie36164079awsb 

The answer is annoyingly simple – when Adobe added the Export As command to Photoshop, they didn't make it accessible to actions or scripting! In the years since its introduction, it still has not been made accessible to actions or scripting... So you either have to use Save As/Save a Copy or Export > Save for Web (Legacy) in an action or script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might assume it was accomplished using the Export As command, but it was not; it was never recordable as mentioned earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So then in the first action I created, I must have done Save. I think I've tried that too but I can double checkScreenshot 2024-07-12 at 8.33.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines