• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action to crop specific amounts from top and bottom of images

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I've trying to speed up my workflow. I regularly need to crop the header and footer off screens shots of various heights and I'd like to create an action to do this. For example: I have two images of web pages. The first is 1,000px tall and the second is 1,500px tall.. I want an action to crop the top 200px and bottom 300px from both images. The first image will end up being 500px tall, the second will be 1,000px tall. When I setup an action to crop the images, I can only seem to set the height of the images, so both images would end up being the same height. Is there a way to do this? Thanks all for your help!
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Record two different canvas size commands, moving the anchor point to the upper centre or lower centre as required. You will obviously need an action per screenshot size.

How many different size screenshots do you have? What is the input size and what is the top and bottom crop per screenshot? It is possible for a script to automate this based on the input size, automatically selecting the approprate crop.

EDIT: Here is a visual of the negative value relative px crop:

canvas-crop-1.png

canvas-crop-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines