• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation/deactivation in CS6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Photoshop yesterday and now my computer is telling me that I already have it installed on 2 computers and if I don't deactivate one of them I won't be abel to use it. I only have it installed on one computer and I just reinstalled it on that one. My deactivate button wasn't available. I can't contact anyone at adobe. Please help.

[CS6 added by moderator for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@golfsferr What version Photoshop? Creative Cloud should allow for remote deactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the main Adobe website, and click on the icon  in the upper right corner, to access your account. From the choices at the top of your account page, select Plans and Payment. From there, select Activated Devices, and see if you can do it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your information, I did what you said and clicked on activated devices. Guess what it says I have no activated devices. So now why would it tell me I have it on more than two computers? I'm confused any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it's Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even consider CS6 or earlier, as I thought support for those versions had finished, and we could no longer activate them at all.  You might be able to use off-line activation.

https://fstoppers.com/photoshop/only-way-keep-your-older-versions-photoshop-alive-589727

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@golfsferr Unfortunately Adobe has stopped supporting CS6. Adobe Customer Support also will no longer add activation counts to legacy builds. If you did not deactivate your CS6 prior to reinstalling, the software thinks two activations are running. This page may be your best hope to resolve:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/reactivate-older-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a current or recent version, and is Photoshop rather than Photoshop Elements, then you don't need to do anything.  It will automatically deactivate one of the other installed versions.  However, if it was Photoshop CC then it wouldn't stop you signing in to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, so Bob might be right, and it is Elements.  I don't know how it works with Elements, but we can move your thread to the Elements forum, or Bob can probably help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines