Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Activation Failure Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my My Adobe WebDesign Premium CS6 Suite which was re-Activated 02/10/2021 with the help of an Adobe team member after I provided a requested copy of my original recpeit (because Adobe "bot"did not recognize my product as "Genuine") and when I clicked the Activation link I received "Activation Failed. So I signed into Adobe and found a link to download DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16 dmg but when installing I got "we encountered a problem, Installer failed to initialize due to a missing file Get Adobe support Advisor which is apparently no longer available/ I spoke with Adobe support in feb 2021 and had these issues resolved and here we are again. Please help resolve this.

To use the Creative suite I had to instal it (after being advised it would not work on current Mac OS) so I re-installed OS 10.13.6 on my 2013 iMac, Adobe provided another serial number as you will note that the Original serial number was no longer valid(?).

Please help resolve this issue asI  need to replace my HD and I would like to avoid the activation problem in the future, should not have received a prompt to activate an already registered/activated product after just using it, then re-opening it after the closing the program??

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021
Only Customer Care can reset activations. When you get the Chat Bot, type "agent" to get a human. Contact Adobe Customer Care: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  You can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare. If you want CS6 to continue working, your best chance is to not change the hardware or the macOS. Eventually updating one or the other will cause a fail. ~ Jane

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only Customer Care can reset activations. When you get the Chat Bot, type "agent" to get a human.

Contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

You can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

If you want CS6 to continue working, your best chance is to not change the hardware or the macOS. Eventually updating one or the other will cause a fail.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines