• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add arrowhead to end of curved path automatically

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting to automatically add an arrowhead to the end of a path in Photoshop CC? I'm trying to draw a path to lead a viewer with an arrow at the end. This is super-easy to do in Illustrator.

I'm creating a path shape so I can tweak the thickness as needed. But I just need an arrowhead at the end of the stroked path. I'm trying to avoid adding a arrowhead shape layer from the shapes panel to the end of every line. That adds a lot of work Is there a way to automatically add a simple arrowhead to a path?

It's easy enough to add an arrowhead to a straight line, but how does one do this for a curved path.Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.06.41 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for years now.. Adobe is busy with fancy AI features not with basic functionality like adding arrowheads to non-straight lines.. sadness.

My (time-consuming but good-looking) workaround:

- draw a short straight line shape with an arrow end

- draw a curved path using the pen tool from the stub arrow

Problem is that the line needs a fill and the pen needs a stroke so yu have to keep fiddling with the fill and stroke, super annoying 😞

My quick&dirty workaround:

- draw a curved path

- create layer and draw the arrow with the brush tool (I have a Wacom so that works usually ok)

Both are totally lame options but the best I could come up with in 20+ years of using this bloody program, I SO wish this would be so simple like in Illtsrator/InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Properties, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Photoshop is not vector-oriented so it seems better to do something like this in Illustrator. 

If necessary one can paste or place the elements in Photoshop as Smart Objects. 

It would be possible to create a Scrip that creates arrowhead elements based on an existing Shape Layer or Path, but that would naturally not be »live«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines