• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add text layer to existing print.

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7 images that are printed and ready for pick up. Get a phone call, "can you add the names and numbers of the players." Sure... I run print through the printer a second time to add the name only as a layer removing the background. Only shows in red, black, but not white which i need. Any ideas of what im not doing correctly? tia.. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency is the absense of any color. It contains no white ink.

Can you post a screenshot of your Layers Panel showing us the type layer?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you both Nancy and Stephen for trying to help me. Here is a screenshot of the layers panel.Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.11.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a basic physics issue...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtractive_color#CMY_and_CMYK_color_models_and_printing_processes

If overprinting text as a second pass on a previously printed inkjet print, my expectation would be to use black and understand that the image may show through in some areas as density may not be high enough for large/thick type or panels.

This is after all a compromise that you have chosen, rather than reprinting the images again with the text combined in a single pass print.

I am presuming that this is an aqueous-based inkjet and not a UV or latex/resin printer or eco-solvent printer capable of printing white ink.

Edit: I would have informed the customer that you had already printed to meet their delivery expectations and that they would be charged again full price for new prints, however, they could take the first prints if they wished as they had already paid for them. Or you eat the cost of a free reprint... Or you get what you get with your overprint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a free service to my school district. Kida my may of paying back the public schools for giving my two sons a great education. last count was 7000 13x19 prints...  Yeah, I'm mental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines