• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding blur to inside of object

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to create a blur on the inside of an object  not make it effect the outside.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Thanks everybody for the replies, I actually just used the elliptical marquee tool with a feather set to 20 placed it over what I was trying to create the blur inside, then hit delete.  I keyed the circle over to the other side and hit delete.  Worked great, but I’m sure all the methods here would work just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christinam,

As you're looking to blur inside the object, you can make a selection of the object using the Quick Selection tool then apply the blur and it will remain inside the selection.

Could you please share the screenshot of the object with us?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's several different ways to accomplish this. You could use the blur tool to hand paint a blur on the object. You could make a copy of the layer and blur the whole thing, then apply a layer mask so you only see the inside of the object, or you can make a selection of the object and blur the inside of the object.

All of these methods assume that your object is a pixel layer. Take a screenshot of the object and your layers panel so we can see better what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as they mentioned so many ways to do it:

Selections, Channel manipulation, Mask...can you share a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens blurs will only affect a selected area, where as Gaussian blur will creep outside a selection.

Otherwise keep it simple.   If I want to add some shading to the outer edge of an object, I Ctrl click to load as selection, and Edit > Stroke on a new layer using Centre.  Then turn off the selection and blur the stroke, which while spread outside as well as inside the object boundaries.  So reload the selection, invert it, and delete the unwanted part of the blurred stroke.

There are various adaptions of this that should do what you want, but if you are not sure, paste a screen shot to this thread, and we'll give you a detailed guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everybody for the replies, I actually just used the elliptical marquee tool with a feather set to 20 placed it over what I was trying to create the blur inside, then hit delete.  I keyed the circle over to the other side and hit delete.  Worked great, but I’m sure all the methods here would work just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines