• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Icons to a text box possible?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a sticker, where I have text consisting of one word, that is repeated several times, which follows the outline of an ellipse shape(basically rounded text). In between those words I wish to put an icon for instagram, tiktok, facebook, etc. but since they are not part of the text I have to align them manually and it looks off. Is there a more proper way of achieving this?

adsadasdadasdasd.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using a proper application for the task, Indesign comes to mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can paste a graphic element into text in Indesign. 

Naturally it would make more sense to use a placed ai-file, so that all instances update if editing is necessary. 

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 15.35.50.pngScreenshot 2024-07-15 at 15.36.04.pngScreenshot 2024-07-15 at 15.36.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three reasonable ways to do this.

1. Continue manually aligning your elements. The best thing about Photoshop is that you can individually edit every single pixel in your document.

2. Convert the graphic into a glyph and create a font that uses that glyph. This would require a third-party font editor but would be flexible and should work the way you want.

3. Use a page layout or design application like InDesign, which has this capability.

There are some esoteric ways such as hand-editing PostScript but that's probably not very practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think recently someone posted links to online-font-(or glyph)-creation resources, but I can’t remember in which thread that was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think fontforge will suffice in editing a certain font, as for the convertion I'll need to look that up. Thank you for the ideas! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines