• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding image name

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add the  image name to images within a particular file.  I would like this to be an automated operation. i.e. an action, script, or batch processing.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you want to batch rename images a good tool can be using Adobe Bridge. You can select images to be renamed on the content panel and then choose Ctrl+Maiusc+R (win) or Cmd+Maiusc+R (mac) to have a plenty of choices to rename your files in sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting would most likely work the best for this. A lot of the scripting can be done using the scriptlistener, but you do need to know how to put it all together. Let me move your post to the scripting forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the images have a common height-to-width ratio, what you have in mind can be accomplished automatically with Photoshop's Variables feature. I suggest you watch the ten minute video PS CS5 - Working with Variables | The Complete Picture with Julieanne Kost | Adobe TV

Construct the template (modified from the example demonstrated) and use Excel with a column for the file's name and a column for the file's name as text . You can copy the file names from the Finder into it.

A sample is shown below. In your case the frame is not necessary, the type placement, including on the image, and the font and its color are up to you. (The text file headings and layer names are: photo. name and file)

comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May i know do you want to save the image name into a separate file, or do you want to save the image name onto the image itself. so when the image is opened the file name can be seen on the image, like an watermark.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some Photoshop scripts you can download that will do what what you want or close to what you want. Some will do File names on images others will use metadata information.  So if you search for scripts that add text to images  or on a mat about the image like File name,  Exif information or metadata like title or description. You can download them and test what they do. Most scripts will be text files you can edit and modify. So if one come close to what you want you may be able to change it to do exactly what you want.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=photoshop%20script%20a...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines