• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding local plugins for 2023

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to rebuild my Photoshop after loosing my original Photoshop Settings folder. I lost my plugins and need to get them back. All documentation I've seen refers to plugins on the cloud. I don't use the cloud at all and my software is installed locally on my iMac. I just need to get the plugins for this software, Topaz, ON1, etc. back in my plugin availablity on my new Photoshop configuration.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brad22414184ax00 if you dont have them stored in the local plugins folder,

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html#locate-plugins-folder

the Adobe plugins are stored in the cloud - not third party like Topaz and ON1. You'll have to redownload from your registered account on those sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the plugins folder per your link. Thank you. I also checked and my Topaz plugin is in there, I then checked in PS and it showed up. I then found the ON1 plugins for both PS and Lightroom. My question now is, now all I have to do is drag these into the plugin folders for PS and LR, then they will show up in the software? Also, should I quit, these programs before dragging in the new plugins?? Gotta say, I have no idea what you were talking about "stored in the cloud" but, I'm hoping the above is clear about my assumptions. I'm hoping I'm not going to be forced to using "the cloud", I gave up playing around with Adobe's new AR program because of the cloud interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resending my below question/clarification:

Ok, I found the plugins folder per your link. Thank you. I also checked and my Topaz plugin is in there, I then checked in PS and it showed up. I then found the ON1 plugins for both PS and Lightroom. My question now is, now all I have to do is drag these into the plugin folders for PS and LR, then they will show up in the software? Also, should I quit, these programs before dragging in the new plugins?? Gotta say, I have no idea what you were talking about "stored in the cloud" but, I'm hoping the above is clear about my assumptions. I'm hoping I'm not going to be forced to using "the cloud", I gave up playing around with Adobe's new AR program because of the cloud interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brad22414184ax00 yes quit before moving plugins. Normally moving them to the folder manually will work, but I prefer to do fresh installs - there may be other resources installed outside that location but you can try and see. If they work - great! If not stop and find the installers from the websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, I'll give moving the plugins over manually a try first. I will, of course, quit PS and LR first before trying this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, You can close this ticket. I'm good to go with my plugins showing up in both PS and LR.

Thanks for your help, very nice to have good support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin, You can close this ticket. I'm good to go with my plugins showing up in both PS and LR.

By @Brad22414184ax00

Hi Brad,

The way to "close" a ticket is for you to mark one or more posts that helped you as "Correct Answer".

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do t know why you mention plugins in the cloud. They are installed locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Test Screen Name the Adobe plugins will show which ones you've previously installed via the exchange via the CC Desktop application - they aren't "stored" per se but the history is. You can find which ones you've installed via Adobe CC in Stock and Marketplace/plugins/manage plugins.

They are always installed locally.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1682344551895.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines