• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust HUE (and other parameters) based on reference color

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image with many different colors.

Now I have a reference color, for example a blue that's particular to my brand.

Is there a way to match the blue present in the image to my brand's color, but while doing that, it changes the HUE of the whole image?

I'm not trying to replace the blue from the image with my brand's blue.

Basically it analyzes both blues and based on their differences it adjusts the HUE and if needed, the saturation, brightness, etc.

Sure, I can do that by using my eyes, but I was curious if there's a way to do this where the chances of error between the 2 blues are practically zero? Any tool that does it automatically, or a trick to achieve the same result?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post examples. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's say I have this image:

DannyWyatt_0-1655798272071.png

And that I have this reference color:

DannyWyatt_1-1655798302508.png

Now if I pick a pixel from the image with the eye dropper it will give me a color, right? Let's say that I pick a color from the sky and I get this:

DannyWyatt_2-1655798411602.png

Now I would like Photoshop to grab the values of the first blue, compare them to the values of the second blue and then modify all colors in the image based on that difference. In this case with this image of the beach, there would be some crazy colors, but this is just an example. When I posted my original post, I was working with a vector image where that color change wasn't relevant at all. I just wanted the blue to match a blue I have as my brand's color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines