Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer icons not opening dialogs

Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 - up to date / Photoshop 22.5.1 / Core i7-3.5  / 16 gig ram

I use luminosity masks to process most of my images. Under normal circumstances when I make a selection and set up a curves adjustment layer, I click on the icon on the left side of the adjustment layer and the proper dialog displays, for instance, the properties dialog box with a for curves adjustment. For the last few hourss, when I click on the icon, nothing happens.

I did the Adobe first-aid and deleted preferences and restarted but am getting the same results.

My workaround is to make the selection, hide it and open the curves dialog with control+M and make my adjustment, but that is cumbersome and I'd like for Photoshop to behave normally.

Can anyone help?

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Thanks to those who looked. For reasons not known, but deeply appreciated, the panels have reappeared.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I should simplify the issue. After further research, the issue is: the properties panel for adjustment layers will not display when the icon is clicked. Previously, you click on the icon and the curves, hue saturation, etc. properties dialog box appears. Now, they do not appear.

I have deleted preferences, with no change in this behavior.

I uninstalled Photoshop, ran a registry cleaner, restarted the computer and reinstalled Photoshop, all to no avail. The properties panels will still not display.

TNX,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to those who looked. For reasons not known, but deeply appreciated, the panels have reappeared.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines