• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Apps Keep Turning off GPU Features

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge and Photoshop keep turning off GPU features even though my new PC meets Adobe's system requirements.

Adobe software requirements state that GPU requirements are:

• OpenGL 2.0–capable system.

• The card was released in the year 2014 or afterwards.

• It has the minimum amount of graphics processor VRAM required for Photoshop (512 MB). The recommended amount of VRAM is 2 GB or more, though.

My employer supplied me with a new computer with an Nvidia GTX1050 Ti 4Gb, which meets all of Adobe's requirements yet Adobe software keeps saying that it detects GPU issues and forcefully shuts off GPU features. It's done this now for Photoshop and Bridge. I've found that turning down the graphics to "basic" Photoshop helps, but I find that peculiar since this PC meets the "recommended" amount of VRAM. Bridge, however, switches off GPU rendering and locks me out of changing it. If I recall, I would have to reset Bridge's preferences to re-enable it.

PC Specs:

• WIndows 10 Pro

• Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz

• 32Gb RAM

• Nvidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb

• OS and Adobe App installed on SSD, working documents on separate HDD

Also, every time I contact Adobe's chat support about any graphics issues, they always turn on PS's 30-bit display even though my GPU doesn't support it and Adobe's own website recommends against using it: "30-bit display is not functioning correctly with current drivers. We are working to address this issue as soon as possible." I immediately turn it off afterwards.

So my hardware seems to meet Adobe's recommended system requirements to run their software without much issue, yet Adobe apps keep shutting off GPU features stating GPU issues. Diagnostic tools that I've run indicate that the GPU is in functioning condition. How do I resolve this? I know the GTX1050 Ti isn't a powerhouse, but I think Bridge and Photoshop should still start-up and run decently on it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

We're really sorry to hear about the Graphics processor not being detected by Photoshop, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on?

Also, please try adding Photoshop to 3D settings in nvidia control panel and let us know if it helps: How do I customize Optimus profiles and settings? | NVIDIA

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already added both Photoshop and Bridge to the 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

I had this issue with Photoshop version 19.1.6, and now it seems even worse with version 20.0

Bridge is version 9.0.0.204

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I can't edit my original post, so I'll update here.

After rebooting my PC, my Bridge v9 and Photoshop v20 preferences were erased somehow and I again received popups about a bad GPU. So I uninstalled Bridge v9 and PS v20 and then used Adobe's cleaning utility. Then reinstalled the new versions of Bridge v9 and PS v20 and tested them. Same issues with GPU and erased preferences on reboot.

So I'm rolling back to the previous versions of Bridge and Photoshop. On Bridge v8, all problems have ceased. On Photoshop v19, Advanced graphics setting seems to be working for now. Guess I'll wait a month or so until the kinks are worked out of the new versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please update your GPU drivers and launch Bridge CC 2019.

Once the drivers are GPU updated, Bridge turns off software rendering and starts using GPU rendering.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already using the latest drivers. According to the Nvidia Control Panel I have driver version 416.34, and according to Nvidia's website that is the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop v20.0.1 and Bridge v9.0.1 both available now. No more GPU issues so far. Case closed.

UPDATE: When Bridge is set to run at startup, it again turns off GPU features and also spits out "Bridge has encountered an error. [...] SharedThreads.cpp-450".

UPDATE: Photoshop v19.1.7 just turned off GPU features again. Does it just happen when both versions of Photoshop are installed?

UPDATE: Photoshop v20.0.1 just turned off GPU features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines