• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe claims I have non-genuine software

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2012 I bought Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 from a re-seller in Delray Beach, Florida, who says he's an "Authorized Adobe Store, and all software is 100% genuine.  I believe this is true because during installation, Adobe gave me an "activation code" from their website so the software would work

For FIVE YEARS I never heard a peep from Adobe, until late 2017 when intrusive notifications began popping up that Adobe claimed my software is not genuine, which is utter nonsense.

Every time I called Adobe customer support, a person with a strong foreign accent spoke to me and I could never understand anything they said, so this matter is yet to be resolved.

The notices state among other things: "If you do not address this issue, you may lose access to key software functionality", and it goes on to say that "only genuine Adobe software provides protection against malware and viruses".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We see this complaint fairly regularly from people who didn't buy direct from Adobe. Your serial number might have been legit at the time of purchase but has since been revoked because whoever sold it to you violated Adobe's Terms of Service.   A common scam was resellers who fraudulently sold discounted volume licenses to ordinary individuals.  Since Adobe owns the software and  you merely have a license to use it, they're within their legal rights to stop allowing unauthorized use of their products.   Your complaint isn't so much with Adobe as it is with whoever sold you the pig in a poke.   That's who you should contact regarding a settlement, if they still exist.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would see your point if I had never contacted Adobe to verify the s/n was legit... BUT I DID contact Adobe when I purchased DW and Adobe told me that it was in fact legit and legal. I have that in writing.

If they made a mistake, then it's on them, not me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a lawyer and I don't pretend to understand all that  happened.   But something happened between then & now.  Maybe it's not your fault that 5000+ other people jumped on the same license you had.  It's the same as unknowingly buying a stolen car.  You didn't do anything wrong.  But when it's discovered, you don't get to keep the stolen car. 

Best of luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's not a stolen car. It's a piece of software that Adobe said was legal. I wouldn't have bought it without their approval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it in mac Os Sierra is not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem lately, and with the same person on the phone, with the strong accent that was barely understandable.  First, I don't believe for a minute that I have an Unauthorized Copy.  I have CS6, and when I called, they offered the new subscription account, and when I said that I only want my CS6 working, they said that they don't offer that any more.  They want everyone on subscription....  cha-ching $$.  I got a little fired up about this, but I think that this is just a push to get all those who bought the offline copies of Photoshop, to move to subscriptions.   I was reading information on Adobe stock news, and they said that they had new ephasis on subscription software, and they calculated that the profits would double for the same software.  I think this is just a sales angle to push everyone into subscriptions.  Does anyone still have CS6 or older, that has not been hassled?  I'm just asking, , maybe I all wrong.  For now, I just work offline if I need to use Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[quorte] Does anyone still have CS6 or older, that has not been hassled? I'm just asking, , maybe I all wrong. For now, I just work offline if I need to use Photoshop.[/quote]

Yes I still run a cs6 copy of Photoshop inside a bubble for backup in case people need questions answered about that special build... I don't allow Adobe CC app to talk to it because that would bugger the files and I know how to firewall a server to lock out Microsoft updates as well but thats not something the average punter needs

in Australia I can lock out Adobe and thats a legal choice but most people need to stop using the software or pay for a sub... yes that sucks, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres what happened folks. No lie. In 2017 when Adobe went to server side use of software, they implamented a system that would return your install with Cd's as a non genuine software to force you to use the new server side software that cant be pirated or copied. This is how Adobe protects there software now. Everyone I know including myself lost the right to use the software they bought in 2017. So anyone who has a genuine copy, pirated copy or whatever you have? is no longer usable. This was the push to get you to use the new software through server/client use today. This is how big corprate works. whether you spend=t big money as I have or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are basing these 'facts' on what? Sorry you are plain wrong. I still have a genuine copy of CS6 running on an old laptop for testing purposes. No issues. No none genuine notices.

A fact is though that Photoshop was pirated extensively. Many folk buying copies from third parties were sold pirated copies or sold seats on a volume licence (not permitted). 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but I will like to add that I am having the exact same problems with an educational copy of CS 5.5 

While I am now on their photoshop subscription, I use illustrator and indesign to access some old files for reference roughly once a month, which doesn't justify me subbing for the entire bundle.

I have changed computers and my 5.5 copy has been flagged as not genuine... JUST the design suit HALF, not the acrobat half. The Design Suite Premium came with two keys, one for acrobat which they claim is legit, but the design suite half they claim it is pirated. I purchased this copy with a dealer whose name is STILL, to this DAY, on their website that the tout as genuine software resellers.

I have handed over the PDF with Adobe's confirmation of proof of purchase, their customer service declares it is fake, that I bought pirated software and then proceeded to hamfist convince me to buy a 'cheaper' subscription so I will continue to have access to my files unless I produce proof of purchase.

Now, half a year later, after being locked out of my files, I have flown across the world and returned to my parents' house and my old room and I actually managed to dig up the original 5.5 Box, all CDs attached, WITh their own coupon code that they declared as fake attached, WITH invoice from their 'genuine reseller", and all contact information and reseller information attached and have sent it in for 'verifcation'.

This is absolutely unacceptable of Adobe to deliberately flag HALF A SUITE as pirated than 'kindly' offer you a subscription plan. I am now waiting for their response, their apology, their *compensation* for this extreme level of grief for a genuine paying customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my photoshop and illustrator for 5 years, and i downloaded it from Adobe, its fully updated too. Then suddently 7 days ago i got this small colourful little pop up, telling me that "Your adobe applications are not genuine. 10 days until disablement." now with 3 days left i have no idea what to do i need these two apps since i'm taking my ALevels this year and we're doing a lot of photoshop and illustrator stuff. Does anyone have any advice? I'll upload a picture of the pop-up when it appears again. I've tried talking to support but the link didn't work and i don't exactly have the time to call them. 

Adobe do better. This is my [Profanity removed by moderator] future you're about to crush under your foot. 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

or Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the thing that pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appologise but the first link you gave me led me to this page 

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 20.16.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.)

Try a different browser.

It works for me:

va.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines