• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 installer from Adobe account does not work...

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to wipe my mac, I maintain mojave 10.14 OS so that CS6 which I purchaesed outright from Adobe will continue to work...ID CS6 requires 32 bit... I have the serial number and deactivated CS6 before wiping the mac...after reinstalling Mojave (10.14)  I've  downloaded cs6 from my Adobe account and want to install it but the disc image from Adobe  wont install, it says perhaps a file is missing?

The error message says:
"Installer failed to initialise. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." 

However, that took me to a page asking what the problem was! The Adobe chat person had no idea what to do other than to refer me to this community forum... they suggested downloading from a site and provided this link https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html but it seems it could be insecure?
I just wiped my mac because it was playing up , possibly a virus so I'm not keen to do that again...!!

Please help?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools is legit. This is about the only way you'll get the installer. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why you're doing cartwheels to support obsolete software that's 10+ years old and no longer supported?

I think it's a valid question given that Mojave is fully 5 versions behind Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.  This Fall, Apple will release another new OS and you'll be 6 versions behind. This isn't sustainable.  You can't keep using obsolete software forever.

To your question, there could be many reasons for the failure, starting with your equipment, OS and browser.  To connect to Adobe's servers, you need at least TLS 1.2 connections for security reasons.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

If I were you, I would say to heck with this noise and move to a supported OS and compatible software. I really would. 

Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 22H2, 21H2, 21H1;
  • MacOS 13 (Ventura), 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur).

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month).

• Adobe Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (video editing on desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + pro apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Whichever you decide, best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I understand all of this and that you are keen to help Adobe to sell their new products.

The answer to your question is that I have already paid for the product, Adobe CS6, and it provides the tools that I need.  

My question to the forum is simply how to go about reinstalling CS6 on a compter that I beieve has the correct system software and capabilities for me to continue using the product that I've already paid for and that I know works for me.

Maybe someone else can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You paid for a license to use a product after agreeing to the EULA, and you can do so by downloading the installer.  

The site you asked about has that installer. Your question was answered. The rest is now up to you. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks. The installer doesn't work. Neither does the one from prodesign tools.
Both jam up at the installer part...with the same error message that I've quoted above...

"Installer failed to initialise. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." 

I've since borrowed a superdrive and used my original product disc to install CS6 and that's worked fine. However, now I'm having trouble validating...it says my computer isn't connected to the internet, when it clearly is...so I'm concerned it might stop working after 7 days if I haven't 'validated' online. 

Any ideas of what to do?

I have the serial number of course and it is registered in my Adobe account under 'my products'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@misha2014.,

At the risk of repeating myself a second time, you need at least TLS 1.2 connections for security reasons.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Until you resolve that issue, you'll never connect with Adobe's servers to activate the legacy software.

New software is the path of least resistance, that's all.  I make nothing from software, new or old. I'm just a fellow product user like you except my operating system is current and yours is not. ☹️

Goodbye & best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

macOS Mojave 10.14 has TLS 1.2 connections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the directions here under Creative Suite 6 to install:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that answer it sounds very helpful and a work around. As above I've borrowed a superdrive and used the install disc hower now i'm having issues trying to 'activate' / 'validate'....

.it says my computer isn't connected to the internet, when it clearly is...so I'm concerned it might stop working after 7 days if I haven't 'validated' online. 

Any ideas of what to do?

I have the serial number of course and it is the same one registered in my Adobe account under 'my products'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Adobe Application Manager 10 and then try activating cs6.

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines