• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS7

Guide ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the Master collection CS5, and I am thinking to upgrade to CS6 or CS6.5 the current versions.

I heard Adobe is  coming up with  CS7...  Is it going to be Master Collection CS7 ?

Also I heard you have to pay a monthly fee..  Is that true ?

Please let me know

Thanks

Simon..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animationlife wrote:

Ok, It is $29.99 a Month. And release date is June 17. So, what If you purchase it before June 17th, are you going to miss special updates or plug-ins?

Is it better to purchase on or after June 17th ?

Makes no difference other than your Cloud membership starts earlier.

Join before June 17 and you'll get all current Cloud software which is still version CS6. You can then upgrade to version CC for free as part of your membership.

Join after June 17 and you'll get all current Cloud software which by then will be version CC.

The cloud storage,,, is it an extra storage for your files on the server ?

Yes, optional extra storage which is included with your Cloud membership. Use it or don't use it, it's up to you.

What if you don't want to put your files in the server, you want to keep them In your Hard Drive only.

It's totally up to you where you store your files. No different to the normal, perpetually licensed software. They're your files to store wherever you want to store them.

I save mine to my hard drive. I also have Cloud storage available to me. It's up to me if I want to use all of it, some of it or none of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told in December that I was due a refund - never got it so went on live chat tonight and was told again that it would be 2 - 3 days and a confirmation e mail will come to me in 10 - 15 min.  Still not arrived after over 40 minutes of waiting. No faith at all in Adobe staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we did not own all the rights to the software, when we purchased a full licensed copy we had some rights to our copy, and could modify it for personal use.  We also had control over what was run, and when.  Now with this new nickle and dime scheme, we have nothing.  How many processes will now be running in a persistent background state?  How many ports will have to be opened on your system, and will they be static or dynamic (aka how big of a secuirty hole will this be)?  With the US and China representing 70%+ of all port sniffing activity, more open ports on a permanent basis means less security.  If you work in an industrial setting where you have a network admin handling it for you, then you do not have much to worry about (the admin does).  If you are a freelancer, well, perhaps Adobe will offer some security in the future.  If you get hacked through their Cloud*, they will be liable for damages.  But what happens when the DDoS attacks start on their Cloud?  Do subscribers get refunds for downtime?  I doubt it.

The claims that this is also cheaper are so laughable as to make you wonder if they did not pull a M$ Xbox-One, and just kneecap themselves.  Most of us did not upgrade yearly, and that is what they are basing their claim of being cheaper on.  Once that introductory pricing is over, the yearly cost is going to be more.  Once they have 51% of current owners switched over to thier cloud, they will almost certainly hike the price far in excess of the rate of inflation on a yearly basis.  So CS6 is it for the forseeable future.  Perhaps in two more years they will have gone the way of M$ and retracted their stand on controlling their customers.  I am not going to hold my breath though.

As for it not handling file type/versions - it is possible but if Adobe does that I am sure other software packages will either be able to convert the files or it might be worth grabbing something from Corel just to act as a bridge.  It might be a bit of a pain, but it is far better than the major pain subscription is.

EULAs

Half of the clauses in most EULAs are non-enforceable.  Contract law is different in every State and Country.  The one thing they all share is that any contract that proposes to invalidate a fundamental right as established by a higher authority, such as State or Federal Law (e.g. The Consitution), is automatically invalid and can be ignored in it's entirity (that clause of the contract, not the entire contract).  Many companies try to convince us that they own the rights to our DNA with their legalese-ridden End Looser Agreements, but if you know the laws of where you live, you will likely find that only the ones preventing illegal actions (selling copies or reverse engineering) are enforceable.  The rest can be summarily ignored.  There are even some Countries that are so fed-up with EULA nonesense they have ruled them completely unenforceable, as technically, they do not even constitute a proper contract.  A click is not a signature, they are not dated, witnessed, or counter-signed.  You also have no ability to modify the contract and submit back, and the basic rule of reciprocality, where both benefit from the agreement is usually ignored with the company claiming all the protection and benefits ('if our software burns your house down, it is not our fault').  Most companies also 'reserve the right to modify the EULA whenever they want' without even notifying you, as if you should visit that webpage every day just to make sure nothing changed.  Any modified clause that is not at least initialized by you is unenforcable and invalidates the original clause as well, unless it was in your favour and then your copy of the contract stands as the legally binding version.  It would be like your car delership calling to tell you they just retroactively cut their lifetime roadside assistance from your contract and that there is nothing you can do about it.  It will be nice when our legal system gets tired of EULA nonesense and tosses them en-masse too.  Most of the claims in an EULA fall under the standards of the Criminial Codes anyway, so it is just another attempt to convince you that the company in question has power over your purchase, when they do not. 

In the subscription case, they do however, so pay special attention and save a copy of the original EULA that you click to accept, as that is the only legally binding version as that is the only one they could prove that you read.  If they do force updated EULAs for you to re-click (what they consider signing), and you see something you do not like, they you can terminate your contract with no penalty as they changed the contract (unless your Country has a really strange legal system).  If you do accept it again, then make sure to save a copy the new version.  Adobe is one of the better companies, and I would not expect them to try some of the more laughable clauses that I have seen in past EULAs from other companies ('we are not responsible if our software does not function as stated' etc.).

*References

http://cloudtimes.org/2013/02/23/hacked-through-the-clouds/

http://cloudtimes.org/2013/02/16/fears-of-government-and-legal-intervention-slows-cloud-adoption/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JB17932 wrote:

Adobe is one of the better companies, and I would not expect them to try some of the more laughable clauses that I have seen in past EULAs from other companies ('we are not responsible if our software does not function as stated' etc.).

Your humor is not funny to me.  What I see from Adobe look like this http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5408 more pathetic then laughable... Only the last exclusion parts may help some in some states.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.

LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is this is no longer "theorhetical". Some of us myself included have been on the subscription model for over a year without any negative changes in our workflow or standards.

My personal experience with the subscription model and the new CC version of the software has been a positive one. The software performance has been good, has functioned as intended, and since I pay my bill I don't have to worry about losing access to my files, (if you have an old boxed version, keeping that license and just getting a new license for CC subscription actually solves all your problems and gives you the best of both worlds and allows you to feel secure. There is also the added benefit of being able to put the software on another machine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far your CC use has been a positive experience. Your currently happy and pleased. All I can write is just you wait Henry Higgins just you wait.  CC has not been positive for all.  CC is also the road of no return,  As CC evolves so will what you develop for it.  Your assets: actions, script, templates, plug-ins and layer image files will not be compatible with Photoshop CS6.  If you stop paying many of your assets will become unusable.  There is no legitimate way out for I refuse to use pirated software to be able to use my assets. Adobe terms of use for CC are not acceptable for many Photoshop users. CC is not a valid option for many its grayed out and not an available option.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the main crux and divide within the community over this. I have long speculated that it's mostly Photoshop or rather Photshop standalone users that have an issue with Creative Cloud. I am a Suite User and most recently (as of the last few years) a Master Collection User. I work with Photoshop, but also mostly InDesign, After Effects and Premiere. Which means that me and users like me already know and are used to the majority of those programs features not being backwards compatible from the start, which means to work with our clients and vendors we've always had to work on the lastest version.

This is something that After Effects, InDesign, Flash etc, users have known and been used to for years since I would say probably CS3 (the first truly modern incarnation of Creative Suite), so for us this is not a big deal but something unlike the Photoshop users we've simply gotten used to and come to except and find work arounds for.

As for the if you stop paying for it, many of us already have additional plugins or software or services when it comes to video or 3D models etc that we have to pay for regularly so again we are used to this (not to mention you obviously can't keep using your phone or lights if you don't pay the bill, so not following the real issue here).

Most of the agencies and freelancers I know prepay for the year for Creative Cloud, so again not seeing the real issue here. A $600/yr business expense is negliligible in the creative services industry.

Photoshop Standalone users probably should just stick with Photoshop CS6 box product which is still available or which ever version they are on if they are comfortable with the feature set.

But industry wise the single application user market is shrinking and the demanad for people capable of designing across various media and platforms is growing, as is the demand for people in this role. That is why Creative Cloud was a smart business decision, both for Adobe and the modern marketplace. The displacement of some existing users is bound to happen. It is comparible to people who don't want to move to smartphones because phones are for calling people and wanting a new non-smartphone but finding that provider no longer carries or makes them, so they switch providers

Put another way, its the difference between people on no contract phones who can't get upgrade discounts etc, vs people who get added value on a contract plan. Not choosing to accept the business model does have some limiations but nobody is truly forcing your hand. A business is not obligated to give you choices, nor are the obligigated to value existing customer wishes (which may represent less of their income pipeline) over untapped customers and marketshare, business can't survive by doing this.

In my opinion the value added via CC is worth the trade off in terms of the capabilities that are opened up by it. Again most of the complaints or fears/limitations are something that other product users outside of Photoshop have already been dealing with successfully for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RobertoBlake wrote:

But industry wise the single application user market is shrinking and the demanad for people capable of designing across various media and platforms is growing, as is the demand for people in this role. That is why Creative Cloud was a smart business decision, both for Adobe and the modern marketplace.

Users use applications the feel they need and there are many more computer user then there are developer.  Most users do not use suites of application Developer use these. Many photoshop users are not developers.  Therfore the single application market is bigger then the application suite market.   Users that only use Adobe Photoshop program agree that the Creative Cloud Suite is great deal for the suite users and help Adobe smooth out there cash flow. Business after all is about money.

However all is not roses when it come to the creative cloud.   Before the cloud adobe put in place a new policy that would require all single application users to buy every upgrade to a product or pay full price for a licence for every version a user want to use.

With the creative cloud announcement Adobe stopped selling new product. New products are now lease only no option to buy. While the suite user cost was not really impacted.  Adobe chose to discontinue Photoshop standard addition.  Adobe Creative Cloud Suit includes Photoshop Extended  and Adobe offers a single application lease for it.  That is 80% higher cost then the users were paying for Photoshop standard. The product Photoshop users want.   Though  Photoshop Standard has been discontinued.  Adobe has not completely abandoned their Photoshop users. Adobe will continue to market their old CS6 Product.  You can still licence Photoshop CS6 Standard. Adobe however does not maintain or fix old products.  They have not fixed many bugs in current products  for years,

There are other problems with CC. Your at the mercy of Adobe they can add bugs at anytime they make no warranty about application working correctly. Adobe can change anything at any time. I could never agree to Adobe CC Terms of use  even if Adobe reduced the cost of a single application lease to what Photoshop Standard cost were going to be around $10 a month based on a 18 month development cycle and a $200 upgrade cost...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO you can still get the disk too.

You can get it directly from adobe or a reseller.

See the boycott CC (sic) thread to get the link or post here if you can't find it there (or the thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact me, I have a copy of CS6 master collection (discs)

graystar!5@gmail.com

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're replying to a two-year-old post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines