• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GC Invoker Utility

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a valid program? It is in the C:/Programs Files(x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. (win 7 64bit) I found it in my startup tab, unchecked it yesterday, moved it out of my C Drive, and it is back this morning.

Thanks,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Yes, it is legitimate. You can read in the thread I linked below where Adobe staffer David explains as follows:

David (Adobe staff) wrote:

The AdobeGCClient.exe is a process that runs as part of the Adobe Software Integrity Service validation testing, which checks for any tampering with Adobe Software program files or improper or invalid license.

Here's the thread:

What is AdobeGCClient.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Download CCleaner from here

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Install and go to Tools > Startup and you should be able to right click on the process and delete it from there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is legitimate. You can read in the thread I linked below where Adobe staffer David explains as follows:

David (Adobe staff) wrote:

The AdobeGCClient.exe is a process that runs as part of the Adobe Software Integrity Service validation testing, which checks for any tampering with Adobe Software program files or improper or invalid license.

Here's the thread:

What is AdobeGCClient.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is legit and part of Adobe software, why is most, internet search for AGCInvokerUtility say it is a malware, and need to be removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Staff,

But how can you remove AGCInvokerUtility.exe from the startup menu?

Please help

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you feel the need to remove it?

It's not doing any harm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knipsel.PNG

Because i want a clean laptop

I can't remove 'AGCInvokerUtility'. I can't find 'AGCInvokerUtility' in the file explore?

Can somebody help me how to remove 'AGCInvokerUtility' from the startup menu?

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Task Manager go to the Startup tab and right click on the process and select Open file location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i open the Startup tab and right click on 'AGCInvokerUtility' I can't press on Open file location.

Only on 'turn on' and 'search online'

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can locate this folder AdobeGCClient in this location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient

If you do just delete it

If you have concerns about your PC, try running these, both have free editions

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads

Malwarebytes | AdwCleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll already delete that file(C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\) but 'AGCInvokerUtility' is still to find in the startup tab.

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download CCleaner from here

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Install and go to Tools > Startup and you should be able to right click on the process and delete it from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very must!

It works!

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ted,

I use Bitdefender Total Security & it blocked this application (agcinvokerutility.exe) with the option for me to allow it. After searching for more info on the application, I ended up here. After reading all the posts, I've learned that I don't know a damn thing about computers, software, applications, etc. I'm afraid if I don't accept the agcinvokerutility.exe application, I'll find some time down the road it was extremely necessary & if I do accept it, that will cause more problems than I can handle. I'm getting mixed messages about this application here. Some say it's harmless, others say hell no it isn't. Do you have any useful, laymen terms advice for a computer idiot? Is it a necessary application for someone who almost never uses Adobe? Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe just try using adobe without accepting the download first, and if it works fine, then you obviously don't need it, espicially if it is questionable, and yes, it uses A LOT of cpu!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remove Photoshop CC 2018 via Creative Cloud Desktop. Then i removed Creative Cloud with Uninstaller then I removed everthing whit AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe.

But 'AGCInvokerUtility' didn't removed? How can i delete AGCInvokerUtility?

Greetings,

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i removed all adobe, but this file hung around which brings me to the conclusion that most reports are correct in saying its malware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File and Registry remnants are always left behind...you should use something like Revo to clean it out properly.

Also, Adobe creates tasks in Windows Task Scheduler that you need to delete or disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people think that malware only comes from malware creators.  That's not true.  Malware can also come from corporations like Adobe, Microsoft, etc.  Any time that a company forces you to run software on your machine which can have a negative imapact on performace - and doesn't give you the option to turn it off - is by definition "malware".

Adobe's Flash Player has been considered malware for many years, which is why Apple refused to ever allow it into their operating system.  And by the end of this year, Adobe is finally putting it out of its misery.

The gcinvoker nonsense is a perfect example of crud being forced to run on your machine.  It does absolutely nothing useful other than spy on you or nag you about licensing.  Adobe should have more than enough intelligent people on its developer team to know that there's nothing - literally nothing - they can do to prevent someone from running an unlicensed version of whatever software.  Photoshop, for example, was first released in 1990.  That's 30 years ago.  People were running it without a license 30 years ago, and they continue to do so today - regardless of gcinvoker or other such garbage.  If people are willing/able to pay for software, they will.  If they're unwilling/unable, they won't.  It's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it do? It says it has high impact on startup. Can I remove it from startup without it messing up my adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH YES, It does great GREAT HARM!

It effectively blocks even a fast PC for several minutes when it spawns 15-20 (!!) instances och the same process, each using 5-6% CPU load!

This is simply one of the worst constructed piece of software that Adobe has ever designed, and that says a lot! How on earth can Adobe issue a bloatware like this that occupies the client computer for several minutes, for no benefit for the client?

I can understand their effort to chech that you run only genuine software. But there are many far more competent ways of doing this! As of now they effectively STEAL my working hours even if I have no intention to use any Adobe SW during the session.

Rethink! Do right! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad all these comments are old. No issues or complaints anymore? Anyway, all the complaints about this file causing havoc seem like an old or unhealthy computer issue. It has no effect on me. And I have 3 other high impact apps in startup. Starts in under a minute and then works instantly. Just saying, if anyone still comes here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad you have no problem with this. Many others had serious problem with the AGCInvokerUtility which spawned up to 50 instances or more at startup on both Macs and PC:s. Regardless of "old or unhealthy" computers... But it seems as if Adobe got their act together, and the problem seems corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's "pretty cool" how after uninstalling adobe on windows 10, this startup option AGCInvokerUtility.exe still exists, and the creative cloud file folder still exists. Adobe needs to fix their uninstallers. They're horrible. Better yet, stop bundling creative cloud, and a dozen other background programs (like agcinvoker.exe) that spawn a dozen background processes that have NOTHING to do with the program and that no one uses. Adobe used to be an awesome company a decade ago. That was until they went saas everything and started bundling needless bloat into their software. #NoOneAtAdobeIsListening. Garbage management, garbage software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines