Exit

Adobe now requires the Right to Acces your work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out. 

[Link removed - see community guidelines on misleading information]

"Our automated systems may analyze your Content and Creative Cloud Customer Fonts (defined in section 3.10 (Creative Cloud Customer Fonts) below) using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our Services and Software and the user experience. Information on how Adobe uses machine learning can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/machine_learning."

You cannot opt out of allowing them to access your work anymore... So basically by using this software, you're allowing their ai tool to possibly generate in the same style of your work. Even ND and copyrighted conent.

Adobe, would you like to respond?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Adobe has posted updated Terms with explainers:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

and responses from an interview with Scott Belsky:

https://petapixel.com/2024/06/18/adobes-terms-of-use-controversy-provided-an-opportunity-to-improve/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares....much ado about nothing.  All this will lead to better AI tools.  Good for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoken like someone who has no skin in the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also spoken like someone who doesn't work on copyrights or ND content.... that's going to be huge issue for senstive, copyrighted material that's being created for major motion pictures and television (like what I do). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better AI tools just means less jobs for humans. Though I believe you know that and are trolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is concerning to me, there should be an option to opt out of this and not have our artwork accessed for the AI. in my discussion with a representative from adobe, they said it would only be used to assist in your artwork and any data gathered for the AI would not be matched with another user. But I wonder how it would have any information to start with in order to work, and what garauntee do we have they won't change their mind later and then sell or use that data elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your photo has monetary value, simply put a watermark in a margin.  This is additional protection of your copyright.  Do you really think Adobe would sell your photo and risk a lawsuit?  Adobe is worth over 205 billion dollars........violating your rights is not worth it.

Where is the elsewhere they might use your data that could harm you?   Don't stew over this nothingburger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many creatives can afford to take Adobe to court? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem.  If you have a case, a good lawyer would take it and collect your reward plus his fees from $2,000,000,000 Adobe.  I don't see what is causing this stress.  If you can't get over it, for your own health and good, dump Adobe.  I am glad I don't have a problem with their terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a cruel way about you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't about training data, this is about you using Generative services to create content. In order to generate contextually accuate content, Adobe has to sample your existing content - this means storing it in the cloud (aka someone else's computer) and then send it to an AI generation farm (someone else's computer), interrogate the content, and then send it back.  All of that requires that you give them the right to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then they should limit their terms to that instead of making it vauge which allows them legally to do much much more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to opt out of that, please. I've been designing for over 20 years and I'm just fine with not having ai help me out, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I want Adobe to be able to use my art to make its generate tools better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time people get upset about Adobe's terms of service - when things that are a hundred times worse happen all the time without anyone raising an eyebrow. Do you use google? chrome? facebook, instagram? Do you have an Apple or Microsoft account? Do you have a phone? Do you drive a newish car? Good luck with your privacy there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local storage is the only way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'You cannot opt out of allowing them to access your work anymore...'

Wrong. See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/machine-learning-faq.html

and here:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2024/06/06/clarification-adobe-terms-of-use

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm interesting. Then what's this?? It's forcing you to opt-in to update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, attachment came in low rez. Re-attached here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the full documents attached above. The box requires you to agree to the terms and conditions, which refer to the document I linked above describing how to opt out of content analysis.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that update should settle the arguments raised here and in other threads. And hopefully clear out some of the FUD.

We have to see this in context. Personally, I'm not full of trust in general these days, so I can understand some of these concerns. Other tech companies - we all know who - have eroded that for years. My solution to that has been to avoid them as much as I can.

But this is perfectly acceptable to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone please read this update from Scott Belsky. More to come. Adobe is listening.
https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2024/06/10/updating-adobes-terms-of-use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes really. Also that video is misleading, suggesting it would not be possible to work under NDA.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines